Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Road Trip

Monday I picked up my parents. And forgot to include these pictures in the last post. Love my parents so much!
Tuesday I moved out of the dorms.
Wednesday I took my last final while my parents toured BYU. We stocked up on Creamery chocolate milk with leftover dollars from my meal plan then headed to my aunt and uncle's home. We vacuumed out the car as well. fun times.
Thursday. We left the mountains behind us to drive back to the lovely Lake Zurich.
It was a blast to have 23.5 hours in a car just with my parents. It was such a different road trip without my three other siblings along, but it was still pretty fun! Though there was a lot more sleeping going on than usual.
goodbye for now mountains.
it's the Hub. Rachel will appreciate this.
one sleeps, one drives, the other takes pictures and attempts to stay awake and keep the driver awake. with the alphabet game. or word games. or the going on a trip game. lots of games.
waking up is hard to do.
one of the coolest things ever
...hours....and hours.... and miles....and miles.... of nothing....
FUNNIEST. MOMENT. EVER.
there is a scenic overlook in the middle of Nebraska. Let me say that again. a SCENIC OVERLOOK.
it's the exact same view from the highway...
we enjoyed it. and laughed a lot. and ran around. then switched drivers and headed off through the scenery.
hi daddy. he's great.
horse! something besides grass!
another hilarious moment: a sign for a local store. "We buy and sell antlers!"
seriously in the middle of nowhere. I guess that's what people do out there.
cool clouds.
shadows. clouds. flatter than a pancake.
gorgeous sunset.
barn in the middle of nowhere.
Friday. Drove a lot more. And finally arrived back home in time for dinner and to go watch Nathan's dress rehearsal for Sound of Music.
you start going a little crazy towards the end of 23.5 hours in a car...
 I have such awesome parents! It was a great two days with them in the car. 
a note: take a road trip. a long one. it's such a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment