Sunday, December 20, 2015

summer reflections

This summer strengthened my testimony that God is in the details of our lives.
He placed people in my path who I needed to meet.
He reminded me of who I wanted to become.
He counseled me on who I did not want to become.
He made the mountains more beautiful every day.
He cooled the mornings to reduce my summer heat exhaustion.
He gave a job to someone else so I could have my dream campus job.
He gave me tender mercies, like thunderstorms, parking spots, and sleeping in.

I learned a lot about myself these past three months.
Mostly, I was reminded about the incredible people the Lord put into my life.

Coming home from a mission was hard.
Daily scripture study was hard.
Being alone was hard.
Talking to boys was really hard.

But the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ remain true, no matter where you are in life.
I know He gives us strength to do everything He asks of us. And more.
It took a while to figure it out, but I know how to better rely on Him and put my life in His hands.
I love this gospel.
And I might even be starting to love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment