Thursday, March 28, 2013

long time no see

It's been a while. I know you've missed me.
Classes, work, friends, and life just got a little crazy.
Here are some ramblings on life right now.

My cousin, Chantel, gave her farewell talk on Sunday. She is heading off to the wonderful state of Washington to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so proud of her, and so excited to hear about all of her adventures as a missionary!
other events:
  • all of my friends got boyfriends, girlfriends, or mission calls. twitterpation season anyone?
  • fireside by Elder Bednar. go and watch it. right now.
  • Ward Conference.
  • doctor appointments in Salt Lake, along with a Temple Square adventure.
  • aced my midterms.
  • the full Les Mis movie soundtrack was released. yes, that definitely counts as an exciting event in my life.
  • scripture study group with Devon, Lyndsey, Brittney, and Sean. awesome people.
  • got a new calling. Relief Society Presidency. y'all better get on your visiting teaching now... I will hunt you down. just kidding. but not really.
  • Brittney moved in with me!
  • visits from extended family members and cute cousins. 
  • one blind date.
  • finally saw The Hobbit. so good.

It seems as though every single one of my friends is leaving soon.
     One to Jerusalem.
     One to Texas.
     One to California.
     One [actually, several] to Brazil.
       And then there are the people who have their significant others...
Summer here should be interesting without all of them here to keep me entertained.
But honestly, I am beyond excited for them.
Particularly for those heading out to the mission field.
I really do have several incredible friends who will still be here. PARTY!
I couldn't be more grateful for every single one of them.

my current musical obsessions:

"Twenty-two" 
originally by Taylor Swift
[way better] cover by Eclipse

Mormon dads singing a Taylor Swift song a cappella and showing off their awesome dance moves? I can't get enough.

"Once in a Lifetime" 
by Landon Austin

Just a sappy love song that melts my heart.

I absolutely love the temple.


The Provo Temple has become one of my favorite temples, simply because of the time spent there, the experiences I have had, and the people that I have grown close with through going to the temple. It is an incredible blessing in my life to be able to have a temple so close by and to be able to attend regularly.

A few days ago, Devon and I went on an adventure to do baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple.
It was an incredible experience. Slightly intimidating and awkward to have no idea where to go or what to do. 
It was lovely to not be quite so rushed and to just take in the beauty of the temple. I am so grateful for the peace, comfort, and guidance I feel each time I attend.



...and just a little something that made me laugh.

"Life is short so tell someone today that you love them.
But life is also terrifying and confusing, so shout it at them in German."
Keep smiling. 
Be awesome. 
Have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. thoughts:
    1) oh hey, you have a boyfriend and are about to get your mission call! so that works out.
    2) LES MIS IS DEFINITELY A REASON TO REJOICE. I'm in love with that movie. Actually, I'm listening to the full soundtrack right now... I'm not buying it until after the mission though... so itunes clips it is!
    {ok "I dreamed a dream" just came on and I got chills and almost started crying. gahhh, so in love with this musical!!!}
    3) new calling?!?! amazing.
    4) i need the awkward blind date story. now.
    5) point to lauren for seeing the hobbit! because i haven't even seen it yet. that's like... impressive on your part. ;)
    6) I'm so excited to jam out to 22 when I come back from the mission... because I'll actually be 22. and single. and ready to mingle.
    7) ok did I pin that song? or you? cause I've definitely seen it on pinterest.

    LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also I love your outfit. and I would have loved to third wheel with you at the Salt Lake Temple... what an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete