Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break

So, it's been quite a while! I'm back in the swing of things at school, and I just started driver's ed. I actually have my first test this upcoming week, and then I can get my permit later next week! YAY! I'm honestly a bit nervous about driving, but it'll be fun!
Spring break was awesome - I went and saw College Road Trip with a friend and I finally saw the 2nd National Treasure! Both movies were excellent, and definitely worth the money! I just got an itchy nostril and watery eye thing that's driving me nuts and making me miserable! I spent three hours in a hot gym today to watch my three siblings compete in their age leve spelling bees. Nathan got out on the word gradual, Megan got out on drawer, and Rachel won first place in hers with indomitable! It was pretty exciting :-) Tonight is the Young Women's General Broadcast, so Mom, Rachel, and I are going to snuggle in Mom and Dad's bed with the laptop to watch it. For Easter, the four kids got Webkinz, and they may sound little kid-ish, but I love the game, and it's completely safe even though it's online. You never know what can happen by giving personal information on certain sites online. The snow is finally almost gone, and it's suppposed to get in the high 50s next week! Spring is finally coming!
School has been pretty fun. My Broadcast journalism class is a blast - we're just finishing up our latest project, "Person on the Street" where we went around the school interviewing random people with a certain question. I strongly dislike my geometry class, and my biology class is just getting boring. I love world history, but the class is kind of hard and I don't love the teacher. My English teacher is rather eccentric, and we're about to start Romeo and Juliet (yuck). The best part of the day is definitely lunch - my friends are so great and fun to be with! It's too bad we don't have more classes together. I love learning spanish, and it's a geat way to end the day, although I come home and start speaking spanish with mom and drive my siblings crazy! The best part of the first semester is that I managed to finally finish making up work, and I pulled off a 4.2 GPA which places me as #4 of my freshmen class! YAY! I hope my grades didn't slip in third quarter.
For Personal Progress - I'm thinking of creating an entertainment blog for teenagers. There's so much junk out in the world, and the blog would have ideas of clean movies, clean music and singers, clean TC shows, and other media forms that wouldn't have any bad stuff in them. The blog would give teenagers a reliable source (the reviews and ideas would come from other teenagers) to look for good, wholesome entertainment that doesn't leave any feelings of regret. If you have any ideas, let me know!
That's just about it! Happy Spring to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new post! Driving is such fun, good luck with that. I like your blog idea too. Do you have seminary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren - Congrats on keeping up with the great grades! How impressive. Hope you are having fun in driver's ed - how exciting!! Glad to hear things are going so well for you :) Tell your fam hello for me!

    ReplyDelete