Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Of Science and Songs

Never again. Never. Three hours of physical science just about finishes me. And I have a test this Friday for that class. So how do I manage to stay awake during my least favorite subject for three hours?
Here is last week's productive three hours (yes I did still take notes, but my professor tends to go off on long tangents about economics, fantasies, childhood stories, and other unrelated subjects):

Yes. I am an obsessive compulsive doodler. I do need some new doodling subjects - my psych notebook is also covered in fish and awkward triangle-chin people. Any ideas??

Tonight I took my computer with me and managed to get some of my essay written that's due tomorrow. And I still took down some good notes from the night. Now to study for that test...

On another note...
country music is amazing, but not as awesome as Christmas music. I couldn't stand the wait any longer and broke out into my Christmas playlists tonight while working on my leadership blog post (see the links on the sidebar). Among my favorites:

Amy Grant - Grown Up Christmas List
Mannheim Steamroller - Deck the Halls
Rockapella - Little Mary Snowflake
Michael McLean - Homeless (from The Forgotten Carols)

So go crank up those Christmas carols and start getting in the spirit! I'm not totally out of my mind - it will start snowing in the mountains by next week. And I needed a little pick-me-up tonight. Getting a little homesick.

Back to homework and updating my tutoring availability. And then bed. Sleep would be good...maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas songs too. Some of my newer faves include: Melodies of Christmas by David Archuletta, Breath of Heaven, and pretty much anything sung by Martina McBride especially O Holy Night. I haven't quite broken out the Christmas songs yet, but I have been listening to Hillary Weeks. It is my new "Happy Place" when I get stressed or need a boost.
    It's fun to keep up with you on your blog! Good luck with Physical Science!

    ReplyDelete