Monday, January 30, 2012

Housing Search Continued

On Monday January 30th, 2012,
I woke up,
did homework,
went to geography,
did more homework,
went to spanish, 
sat outside my Book of Mormon class for ten minutes before remembering that class was cancelled,
picked up Angela from class,
went apartment hunting,
came back to the dorms to make phone calls to various landlords and take housing notes, 
put those notes into my apartment chart,
looked at other options just in case,
went to dinner where the Cannon actually made me happy for once though I can't remember why,
did more homework,
went to FHE,
did more homework,
started this blog post,
skyped Newel with Angela,
worked on blog post,
got chocolate milk,
did homework,
and so on.

The Highlights of the Day:

The housing search continues... I cannot wait for this week to be over and I will know where my life will be next semester. Anyways, today Angela and I went over and visited
Single Tree apartments for women. Literally half a block down the street from Regency, so location is great. Price, on the other hand, is a bit higher. They're a little newer, a little more spacious, but there are only a few units. Twelve to be exact. Anyways, some photos of the inside for you to enjoy.
The living room...spacious, comes with TV and couches.
Kitchen...granite countertops, slightly cramped, but about the same compared to Regency
Washer and dryer...yes, there's a washer and dryer IN THE APARTMENT. Big point for me.
Bedroom...each unit has two private rooms and one shared room.
But only one bathroom for the four girls.

The outside...looks quite nice actually.
The sign for the complex.
So when we went to Regency on Friday, I forgot to take pictures of the outside. This is what the complex looks like. Sorry the pictures are a little dark... I forgot to adjust my camera exposure.



So those are the two options right now. Still working out a bunch of details, but we will just have to wait and see where this all goes. We have one more option to go check out on Thursday, so there may be more housing pictures to come. Like I said, I can't wait for this week to be over.

By the way, the basketball game on Saturday is actually a women's basketball game against St. Mary's at 1:00 pm. Even better to honor my sister's birthday.

One major perk about Helaman Halls is that this is my backyard:


Pretty awesome. As pretty much anyone here can tell you, I really love the mountains. They are gorgeous with the snow on top, and then when it gets a little darker outside it looks so cool, and AHHH they are just amazing. I'll leave it at that.

FHE was...interesting. I'm hoping that as the semester progresses that more people will come. We combined with another FHE group tonight, and when there weren't enough girls, our "parents" had to modify the plans. So we ended up playing around the world - ping pong version. Quite entertaining. I had some fun taking pictures. Here's the lovely group below. As you can see, a little short on girls...
Essentially, you hit the ping pong ball, drop the paddle for the next person to pick up, and either run around to the other side of the table if you're down to two people, or simply take your position in line. 

So besides the three more hours of homework I have left to finish before my 8 am class tomorrow...and the housing decisions...and my paper that's due later this week...and the chapters of textbook reading I need to catch up on...
...life is pretty fantastic.

Good night world...eventually.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a late night for both of us- don't forget to breathe!!

    love ya girl

    ReplyDelete