Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Return to Blogging

I have not been great at blogging this past month or so. Actually, I haven't been very good at it just in general. I have not been consistent, and I find that I don't ever get through my posts.

Seriously. I have seven unpublished posts that are most of the way done. I could probably post them now and you wouldn't mind. But I would mind, so they sit, incomplete and unavailable to the blog world.

I think my problem is that my posts tend to be too long. There's just so much I want to share! So anyways, one of my New Years resolutions (which have yet to be posted...) is to become a more consistent blogger, as well as a bit more brief in my comments. My roommate, Angela, started a blog to use more as a journal and to post everyday about the happenings in life. Considering the fact that I am not great at journaling either, I figure this would be a great resolution to adopt.

So, here's to doing a blog post every day. 
A short(ish) one. One that tells about what I learned and the exciting events of the day. I shan't bore you with the mundane details of my life. In keeping with this resolution, I redesigned the blog to (hopefully) inspire me a bit more to post more often.

Please note: the older posts that are currently sitting in my blogger account will be posted at a later date. I have some things to add to them, and they will be posted bit by bit when I have some free time. And since I don't really have time to talk about the first week of school right now, that will also be a later blog post. Look forward to those.

Let's get started.

Today was actually rather uneventful. I slept in and worked on homework most of the day. Wasn't feeling great, so I didn't end up making it to my one class today that didn't even start until one.

But I was productive at home.
Government and politics reading: done.
Geography chapter: done.
Spanish paper: done.
Book of Mormon reading: done.

And it's not even midnight.

Some things I learned over the course of the day:

I have discovered that making my bed every day actually does help in making me want to be productive instead of take a nap.

I also discovered that during visiting hours, there is an imaginary boundary that lies right before the bathroom. I have yet to see any guys cross that line. A few do, but it is a rather rare occurrence. Usually for home teaching. But it was still a fun night, and I love to see those who do brave crossing the line.

I am excited that I will be in bed before midnight (because that is what I will be doing right after I finish this) as I have to be awake by six tomorrow morning for my wonderful 8:00 am government class.

I love the fact that I can see my nerdy friends (namely, Hattie) every day. They help me feel not quite so nerdy... sort of.

I am also coming to the realization that it is never a good idea to procrastinate when you have two weeks to read the entire second half of the Book of Mormon. Fourteen days seemed like a long time to read 250 pages. The deadline is now 6 days away and I still have two hundred pages to read.

I also very much dislike the fact that I do not have Book of Mormon for two whole weeks. It is honestly my favorite class - I always wish it would last a little while longer and I could attend every day. It's incredible: the things you learn, the insights you gain from others, the time you spend studying with friends, the Spirit that you feel throughout the entire semester. I am so excited for January 23rd when I can go back to my favorite class again.

I love the fact that when I wake up, I will see the sunrise over the snow-capped mountains.

And life will be wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. ahh Lauren I love you and your words thanks for letting us into your day a little. Love ya

    ReplyDelete