Friday, January 20, 2012

Starting Pictures and Book of Mormon

So I started writing this last night and then decided I could think more clearly in the morning. And then I never actually published it until late tonight. Therefore, this post was completed on Thursday though it is a recap of Wednesday.

I did have a camera with me today. I guess that's a start. I just didn't take very many pictures. Angela, on the other hand, took several and you can enjoy her pictures here as I was with her for the majority of the time she was photographing everyone.

Dinner time with Hattie, Haley, Eden, and Drew. As well as Angela, Austin, Ken, Eric, Jeff, and Mike (not pictured). Dinner is one of the best parts of the day because I get to be with my awesome friends!!
Done with the second half of the Book of Mormon, meaning I read it all the way through (if you include my reading of the first half from last semester) during my freshman year of college.
And sorry this is backwards. I was using my webcam to take the picture and still can't figure out how to flip it. But that is the Book of Mormon, in case you couldn't tell.
I finished my Book of Mormon assignment: read the second half of the Book of Mormon (Alma 30 to the end, making 250 pages) in two weeks. I managed to procrastinate the assignment, ending up with quite a bit of reading to get done today.

But you know what? It actually worked out really well. I absolutely loved having to read straight through it all today. There were a lot more connections, the references made to previous stories or teachings are more fresh in your brain, and it just flows. I found that the closer I got to the end, the more reluctant I was to stop reading. I mean, I love the Book of Mormon, but I have never really sat down and read it for hours on end like I would with most other books I enjoy. This entire experience has built up my testimony of the Book of Mormon more than I thought possible.

I know, without a single doubt in my mind, the Book of Mormon is true. 

Reading it for several hours straight today confirmed that. The Spirit is there every minute I spend with that book. I love the words of the prophets it contains. I love learning more about my Savior when I read. The time I spend with the Book of Mormon has had an incredible impact on my optimistic attitude; one cannot help but feel the joyful message of Christ and the gospel throughout the book.

Brother Merrill said on the first day of class that he hopes we will read the Book of Mormon (well, the second half at least) 5 times before the end of the semester.

1. In the first two weeks of class.
2. Reviewing the chapters before class.
3. Reviewing the chapters after class.
4. Reviewing and re-reading for the midterm.
5. Reviewing and re-reading for the final exam.

I cannot wait to start reading it again! Book of Mormon class starts again on Monday and I am so excited! And that's the life of a typical BYU freshman on a typical Wednesday night. Life's pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. You look darling and I love reading about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete