Monday, January 23, 2012

Goals for the Week

So I still need to write down all my resolutions, but for now, I figure I'll let you all know about my goals at least for this week so I can report on them as I blog the rest of the week.
Updates on my weekend will come later. Probably tomorrow after I finish homework.

So here are my Ten Goals for this week:

  1. Be up and out of bed by 8:00 each morning. Which would mean waking up around 7:30. Except for Tuesday and Thursday when I have class at 8. Then I'll be up by 6:30.
  2. Take at least 3 pictures each day of whatever is happening. Does not include landscape photos of the mountains.
  3. Finish homework the day before it is due even if I have several hours in the morning to finish. I need to get out of the habit of procrastination.
  4. Plan out my schedule for the day each morning.
  5. Read my scriptures for 15 minutes in the morning. I need to stop reading right before I go to bed - I tend to fall asleep which kind of defeats the purpose of reading my scriptures.
  6. Pack my backpack the night before so I'm not so rushed in the morning.
  7. Limit excess computer time to 30 minutes a day. Blogging and Blackboard/homework do not count in those 30 minutes. Does include, however, Facebook, email, and whatever else I happen upon.
  8. Write letters to at least 3 missionaries. Which does not include sending a birthday letter to my cousin, Steven, who is currently on his mission in Tulsa Oklahoma, Spanish-speaking. So I guess I'll be writing to 4 missionaries.
  9. Take ten minutes of "soul time" each day. This is something one of my friends mentioned at hall meeting today. It would include standing outside and enjoying the mountains, reading scriptures for a little extra time, playing piano just for fun. Essentially, taking a breath of fresh air from the craziness of the day.
  10. Remember. who I am. who I want to become. Remember my Savior and show His love to those around me.
I literally just printed these out. They are taped to the top of my computer. I can't ignore them. I have been listening to the song "I Will" by Hilary Weeks a lot today. I am doing well, but there's a whole lot more I can do to be better. Here's to being recommitted to my Savior, my goals, and myself.

By the way... it snowed. And it's gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment