Friday, February 15, 2013

slowing down

I don't have classes on Fridays.
Which is the greatest thing ever.
But somehow my Fridays end up being the craziest days of the week.
In a good way, though.

This Friday was particularly hectic:
I woke up way too early and couldn't go back to sleep.
So I did some studying and watched a beautiful sunrise.
Then I put in a few extra work hours.
Before I realized that we had cleaning checks. Who schedules cleaning checks on a Friday night?! crazy people.
Cue three hours of scrubbing down my bedroom, bathroom, and the kitchen.
One downside of not having a roommate: two cleaning check jobs.
Another hour of work.
Musical number practice. Which included hunting down a few other singers.
More cleaning.

In the middle of the craziness, though, I got some time to enjoy some pretty great things:
     My friend opened his mission call.
      I babysat my cute cousins. Seriously, I do not get enough interaction with kids under the age of 18 years.

Oh, and we passed cleaning checks.

All in all a wonderfully exhausting and productive Friday.

Now it's on to a long weekend.
I intend to do some extra studying, do some extra work, and maybe spend a little extra time with some friends.
I just might even watch a few sunrises.

"We would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, 
focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most... 
Walk in nature, watch a sunrise, enjoy God's creations
ponder the truths of the restored gospel, 
and find out what they mean for you personally
Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you:
as His precious daughter or son with divine potential." 
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Enjoy the day off on Monday.
Slow down a little and take some time to enjoy the simple beauties that life offers each day.
Keep on smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment