Saturday, February 9, 2013

feeling sentimental

My littlest sister turned sixteen earlier this week.
Where did the time go?
I miss those days when we could just run around in the backyard with the only problem being the limitation of our imaginations.
back when I was the tallest. and we were all totally adorable.
I get in these sentimental moods every now and then.
Usually it comes from some sort of traumatic experience.
But I think this time it's mostly been from religion classes, talks I have been reading, some reflection, and this general time of year.

My activities when I'm in said moods include:
     listening to some classic songs with those lyrics that actually make you think. like this.
     going through some old family pictures. see above.
     taking a few more minutes to just look at the mountains. I really love mountains.
     writing in my journal for a while.
     maybe even doing a blog post. which is kind of a journal.

I have such incredible friends here in Provo.
They are amazing examples to me.
Almost forty of my closest friends have received their mission calls over the past three months or so. I know several more who have submitted papers and are anxiously waiting for their calls to arrive.
These girls are like sisters to me. Their faith, their diligence, their willingness to obey and to serve astounds and inspires me to improve each and every day.
The boys who are on their missions [and who are about to head out] are just as incredible.
I could not have asked for better people in my life.

I have amazing family members that I have been blessed to be with for eternity.
Parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents.
They are some of my best friends. They continually teach me and support me.

There is nothing particularly special about today.
But the fact that I have today is special for me.

To all of you who have been with me since the beginning.
To those who have come into my life a little more recently.
And to you who will bless me sometime down the road.

Thank you.
You have made each minute of this journey wonderful.
I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead.
Keep smiling. 
Life is a beautiful thing.
And that smile of yours is going to bless someone else today.

In other words: 
I just wanted to say thanks to you all, ok? Because you're awesome and deserve to be recognized for that awesome-ness. So forgive the sappy post and just take it for what it's worth.
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I love you a lot.
    Thanks for your inspiration and friendship- I can't picture my life with out you.

    xoxo

    p.s- love that it's a country and church song. hehe as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Lauren. So glad we got to see you while we were in Utah.
    You are a blessing to this family.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete