Wednesday, January 2, 2013

year in review: 2012

The year the world was supposed to end.
And we all survived.
Congratulations!

This year was full of laughter, memories, and great friends.
There were also a few rough patches. But nothing too terrible.
I even made it through a whole year with only one hospitalization. 
fyi that's the first time that's happened since 2003. pretty exciting.

~Highlights of 2012~

I turned nineteen years old.
I finished my freshman year of college. Where has the time gone?
I completed reading the Book of Mormon.
I drove [with my parents] from Provo back home to Chicago.
I moved into my first apartment, then my second, and finally my third. 
fyi I have now moved all of my belongings eight times in a 15-month period. who does that?!
I spent several days in one of the most beautiful places on the planet: Oregon.
I became a college sophomore.
I became best friends with people I never imagined would become so important to me.
I listened as President Monson announced the new missionary ages: 18 for boys, 19 for girls. 
I watched as several of my closest friends opened their mission calls to places around the world.
I surprised my brother by coming home for Thanksgiving.
I enjoyed a memorable Christmas vacation at home full of laughter and good times.

And there are other little things:
I still loved the mountains, went to the temple, reconstructed the blog, made new friends, discovered new country music, reflected on life, and continuously attempted to figure out adult life. 

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book.
Write a good one." 
Brad Paisley
Bring it on 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment