Sunday, September 16, 2012

rise and shout the cougars are out

after a crazy past few weeks, I think it's about time I posted some [of my roommate's] pictures from our typical life of fall semester.

things I've done since coming back to Provo:
moved into a new apartment
the breezeway. see those stairs on the right? I live just down them.
it doesn't look like this anymore. promise.
hung out with my roommate, Hayley
story time: our moms grew up down the street from each other, so Hayley and I have basically known each other since... well, long before birth. basically she's awesome and we know just about every embarrassing thing about each other. so it works really well.
ZUPAS. deliciousness.
we went [meaning Hayley dragged me along] on a man-hunt. pretty epic.
which just ended up with us at a meant-for-freshmen dance party. so we came back and had a movie night instead.
also we are getting really good at self-timer pictures. Hayley's basically a pro.
had a roommate council. where we decided on collaborative meals. brilliant.

said goodbye to my good friend, Alec, who is heading to Oregon on his mission
found this in Oregon and couldn't resist.
but seriously I am so excited for him. he's going to be awesome.
at his farewell barbecue with friends from the ward
back: Will, Alec, Erica, Annie, Lindee
front: Brooke, me, Ailyn, Kaley, and Francis
hung out with my friends, John and Tanner, from back home who just got back from their missions
at the first devotional of the year.
John, Tanner, me, and Hayley
also I apologize for the red eye. but it looks weirder when I try to fix it. promise.
cleaned and organized my room
I'll have more pictures for an "apartment tour" post soon. once I clean my room again.
started fall classes [no pictures]

worked in the Center for Service and Learning [still no pictures]

cooked dinner a few times
taco night. also this is our kitchen. 
BLT's made by Hayley. that's our other roommate Caitlin. she's pretty awesome. and this is our weird table thing.
watched "The Singles Ward" for the first time [not gonna lie it was kind of horrible]

watched "Tangled" for about the hundredth time [still one of the best movies. ever.]
Caitlin, Hayley, Tanner, and me
met people in my ward
first Sunday at church with the roommates
photo credit: Hayley. well, whoever took the picture with her camera.
went to a football game
baby Jackson, me, Aunt Jen, Uncle Greg, and Aunt Wendy
side note: is it bad that I don't know all the lyrics to my school's fight song yet?
good thing I have the rest of football season to learn it.

done homework. like lots of homework. I also speak Spanish with Hayley which is actually a blast. [I don't take pictures of homework]

made Oreo-tation Tri Pie.
Hayley and I invented this at approximately age ten. yes it's as delicious as it sounds. and looks.

listened to a fabulous fireside by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. what an incredible man.
listen to it here if you get the chance!

attended the Brigham City Temple Open House.
stunning. beautiful. such an amazing experience.
me and my favorite Australian, Annie!


and there was a gorgeous sunset on the way home. so I had to include a picture of course.
gone to the hospital. a lot[but you've already seen those pictures]

went to the Y-Serve retreat up Hobble Creek Canyon
Spring Haven Lodge. this amazing place we stayed for the retreat that was donated to BYU. I think. anyways it was completely gorgeous and perfect to get away from the world for a little while and just talk about service.  
the pond. there were swans. the leaves are changing colors. perfect.
met up with old friends on campus, at their apartments, and everywhere else. I miss all those incredible people from my freshman ward.
speaking of which.... I saw my old Bishop last week! that was a great day.

had a regional Stake Conference broadcast where Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke!
Thought: what if someone who had never been to Provo before had come into the Marriott Center today or seen the thousands of people walking up there. so cool. absolutely crazy.
also: leaving Stake Conference there was this group of about eight guys in suits on their little motorcycles who tore out of the parking lot. pretty hilarious.

and basically it's just a party all the time down here in Provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment