Sunday, November 18, 2012

home for the holidays

[day fifteen]
surprises

A few weeks back, I got a call from my mom asking if I wanted to come home for Thanksgiving.
Basically, I would have had almost an entire week and a half off of school. And it would be kind of boring to spend all that time in Provo. Plus, my little brother got the lead in his middle school musical [more to come on that], and it would be great for me to come and watch him perform.

Tickets were purchased, and we decided to make my trip a surprise for my little brother. We were all able to keep this a secret for so long, and now I finally get to surprise him!!

Three hours in a plane, an hour in a car, ninety minutes at an oasis, and another hour car ride later...

I AM HOME!!

I cannot wait to see Nathan's face in the morning when he finds out I'm here!
Not to mention the next nine days I get to spend at home. That's pretty great, too.

[so since I am doing this post like four days later... here are the pictures of Nathan's reaction. I can't get the video to load, but maybe I will post that later.]

Friday morning I woke up at about 5:30 am and made myself slightly presentable [knowing full well that pictures would be taken] before heading downstairs to the kitchen table. At 5:55 on the dot, Nathan got out of bed and was walking around upstairs. We heard him come down the stairs, and he walked in with barely-open eyes. 
Nathan: "wait, Lauren's here."
me: "hi Nathan"
Nathan: "when did you get here?"
me: "last night"
Nathan: "what are doing here?"
comes to give me a hug

disclaimer: this was taken before six in the morning. please don't judge Nathan's eyes barely opening or the fact that neither of us are dressed and we all basically look horrible. it's the surprise of the moment that matters.
He was a little more excited after school when he was actually awake. 
Best. Surprise. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment