Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home Day #1 (actually #5)

Today has been CRAZY!!! I did get to sleep in, though, so I'm not going to complain. Tomorrow will be another story....anyway. Here are pictures of the past few days, and then I'll go through my day.
First of all, I had a blast at mutual last night. It was so much fun to see everyone and the activity was so creative! It was fun to see all of the seniors before they leave.
Lincoln Young is about the cutest two-year-old on the planet! He was loving playing with the train set that we have - every little kid who ever comes to our house loves it! It's the greatest toy you could ever buy for your kids. It was such a blast having him and Jen visit, even though I really only got to play with them for a few hours once they got home from Nauvoo. Anyway, here's some cute pix of Lincoln and a video of him with one of the train set pieces.

Lincoln knows his colors - here he proudly displayed the blue train for Rachel.

Lincoln was SO cute with Dad - he went around calling for Uncle Blair in his cute little two-year-old voice and read some stories with Dad. He wasn't as cute reading stories with me, but it was fun to have an excuse to read some old pop-up books :)

Lincoln went around a lot of the night going "cheeeeeeese" with this smile. He especially did it while he ate his chocolate cake - YUM! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Now isn't that just the sweetest little face ever!

Funny story with this picture: Dad had a wonderful Sunday being Bishop - he came home smiling and singing and he wouldn't stop smiling all day and kept saying "I've had such a great day"- so when he got home and was done with all of his meetings, he got into the treats. Mom was teasing him about not eating anything healthy, which he admitted to, but then he pulled out the ice cream and started singing into a spoon. Maybe it was a had to be there moment, but it was funny at the time.

The next three pictures have to do with my PICC line. The first one, Mom is flushing my line - never a fun experience - with saline (salt water). The second one shows the levaquin antibiotic hooked up to the line. The last one shows how I truly feel about the whole thing.

And now we reach today. Mom gave me my 6 am meds which only need to be given because the pill has to be given two hours before another pill. A pain for her and me. Then she let me sleep until 9 (yes, that's sleeping in here) to take my 8 am meds. Then I showered - still so much fun to dry my head - and cleaned my room. It was covered in get-well gifts and cards, and this is probably the only time I'm going to feel like cleaning it. I was supposed to do a deep cleaning and go through my closet and some piles of papers from school, but those are currently on hold. Then I brought my math packet and AP english book down to attempt to make dents in them - neither are very fun especially when you're feeling crummy - but that didn't really work. I think I've done one page in the 12-page math packet and read two chapters in my 300 page book. Anyway, some friends came over to visit. Their kids are so cute. I grabbed some lunch before my friend from school came over. It was so much fun to see her! We talked for an hour and a half about everything - I haven't seen her since school let out!

Then we rushed to the ortho. I got my braces off today!! YAY! Rachel's only consolation is the fact that I have to get them back on. It was pretty awful - once they got the actual metal off they had to scrape all the adhesive stuff off the teeth. It was like nails on a chalkboard for 20 minutes in my mouth. But there was no pain. And they're gone so I get a retainer tomorrow and I don't have to worry about them for a long time. I got them off so that they don't add to the pain of mouth sores and the oncologist recommended taking them out so they aren't another source for infection. There's a picture below of all my bald glory with the braces gone. Uncle Jeff - I don't know why you're going in to ortho, but I hope you don't have to take too many sets of braces off that you'll have to put back on.

Megan took this pic because she didn't like the one I took of myself. This one is better, but it's hard to look good when you're bald and you have a lame yearbook t-shirt on.

I was exhausted once I got home so I took my daily nap. I felt a ton better afterwards. Then we relaxed for a bit and I worked on my math packet (yay) and Mom and Rachel fixed dinner. After dinner they left to go shopping and I've been working on updating the blog. So that's how today went!

So I'm starting to feel a little nauseous, but hopefully it will go away. Hopefully I'll be able to blog once or twice before I go into the hospital on Friday - we have to be there at 8:30 in the morning. UGH! Tomorrow Rachel and I are walking our schedules and I'm meeting with a teacher about Charity Bash - a two week period at our school where there are a ton of activities that are all focused on raising money for a certain charity. This year they chose Make-A-Wish because of a letter that I wrote so I'm supposed to give a speech at the assembly, but I might not be there. We'll see how the meeting goes.

Have a wonderful day and remember to smile and B+! I love you all!


  1. I love your pictures!!!! You are to cute bald!! I am feeling kind of jealous of all your visitor's and I can't be one of them!! Hang in there! Love ya, T

  2. You look great any day of the week! Have some Doritos and caramels in honor of Brace Removal Day :)