Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday August 6

The past few days have been kind of rough, what with my hair falling out and just being sick of being in the hospital. Yesterday was just rough with me feeling depressed. Mom and I watched the Wedding Planner (very funny movie) to take our mind off of everything. My aunt and cousin and siblings came to visit again yesterday so it was fun to see them all. Lincoln was so adorable - he gave me the biggest hugs - in exchange for some candy of course :) They left for Nauvoo earlier today to visit my Grandma and Grandpa.
I had a heart biopsy scheduled for this afternoon so I wasn't allowed to eat until after the procedure. I was starving by the time I went back for the procedure at 2 in the afternoon! The morning was rough - I had two random nausea attacks which we quickly suppressed with some anti-nausea med which knocked me out for a while. Mom and I watched a cool Oprah today about animals that people have formed bonds with. One couple has a pet hippo and another elephant on a reservation was best friends with a dog. I caught up on emails before the nausea attacks, too. So I pretty much slept until the biopsy which didn't take too terribly long and then I pigged out on sandwiches. I haven't had a sandwich in so long - it was delicious!! Turkey with american and swiss cheese, two dill pickles and lots of mustard! YUM!!
Barb, the mom of the girl I got my second heart from, came to visit today. She brought me some chips and onion dip which I have had the biggest craving for for no good reason. So that just made my day even better!
Now we've finished battling with residents about medications and getting home tomorrow, so we're going to sleep and hopefully have another wonderful day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Right there with ya, i hope you have a better day!! Love ya and I've been thinking of ya! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren we sure love you! You inspire us all. Hang in there. Love the prices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren...
    I just wanted to drop you a line and say hey... We are always thinking about you and even my Gator boy rememebers his big heart buddy in his prayers...He wants to send you a package so can you email us your address... It can come all the way from good 'ol Utah with love. my email is homerz218@yahoo.com , thanks again...

    Brynn Homer


    P.S. You are right about hair. I am a hair dresser and the grass is always greener on the other side...

    ReplyDelete