Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Survived!

The first week of school...it's over and I survived (barely)! It was so much fun to see all of my friends after the summer! Everyone gets so tan - I'll never be able to, especially if I'm hospitalized every summer! My insomnia is still a pain, but I managed through the week even though I needed a nap everyday. Mom let me sleep in on Wednesday and Thursday I came home early because of nausea, but Friday I went to every class! I came home for two hours because of an assembly, so I just slept in my own bed instead of the nurse's office. It was so nice to sleep in this morning - I slept until 10:30!
My classes are great, all of my teachers are incredibly nice, and I have a ton of friends in most of my classes. The homework load is horrible, though. I've had to stay up until at least ten every night just so I could get everything done for the next day. I do have a study hall, but I'm always nervous that I won't finish the assignment and I'd prefer to use the study hall for a nap in the nurse's office! :)
Here's the list of my classes (in order of how my day goes): Honors Pre-Calc, Art Foundations, Honors Chemistry, AP United States History, Intro to Drafting, AP English III, and Spanish 4 Honors. I have the most homework in my AP classes and Pre-Calc, but the art and drafting rarely give any homework so it all evens out. I really enjoy art because we're just doing basic drawing right now while we wait for art supplies to be delivered. It's SO relaxing - especially after first period math. In drafting we're doing some basic drawing as well of simple 3D shapes. I can't wait until we get to learn to use the autoCAD computer program!

Tomorrow is church and a seminary kick-off fireside. Seminary starts on Monday - yikes! I'm going to die from lack of sleep! I have a biopsy on Tuesday, a PET scan on Wednesday to see if the cancer has shrunk, and then Friday I'm hospitalized for round#3 of chemo.

I still have a ton of homework to finish up before I go to bed, but I wanted to make sure I at least let you all know how the first week at school went! Below are some pictures - enjoy!

Rachel's first day of freshman year! It's been fun seeing her at school. She's hating geometry and the homework load, but overall I think she's enjoying the high school.

Finishing up some AP US homework during breakfast. Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. wow!!! Good for you Lauren! It sounds like you are going to be super busy with school this year. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading about your week. Glad you had good start to the school year. Good luck with your hospital visits this week. We love you and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, no wonder you are tired! I would be tired too if I had all those classes, no, actually I would be flunking! ha ha Hey, you will have to put some of your art on your blog for all of us to enjoy.That would be fun.

    Glad you made it through the week. Good luck with all the Dr. appts. this week. Hang in there.You are in our prayers.
    Love to all of you! Love, Aunt Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren! I'm glad we BOTH survived the 1st week of school! Dont you just love being back? haha I know what you mean about the homework load-way too much too soon!But wow! I can't believe you are taking all those AP classes!I haven't seen you in the halls yet, but I will keep my eye open for you! :)

    ReplyDelete