Saturday, June 8, 2013

california girls

Over Mother's Day weekend, me, Lyndsey, and Brittney, ditched Provo to road trip down to southern California!

Our mission:
surprise Devon by showing up at his mission farewell!


Now I am one of those slightly crazy people who absolutely loves road trips. Like a whole lot.
The best part of this one: great friends and there were mountains in view the entire drive.
I have now officially been to Las Vegas and to California. Both are slightly over-rated in my opinion.
We arrived Saturday evening. Sunday morning we headed over to the church building.

Mission accomplished.
Devon was beyond surprised, and he gave a fantastic farewell talk!
Plus, it was mother's day so we got to hear the primary kids sing. Best Sunday ever.

me, Brittney, Devon, and Lyndsey

Monday we all hung out at the nearby lake/beach, watched movies, and basically had a blast.
At the end of the day, Devon was set apart as Elder Watkins!
There goes yet another friend off to the mission field... 
that brings the total to about seventy missionaries that I personally know out in the field. Craziness.
And then we drove right back to P-town on Tuesday.

road trip playlist:
(every great road trip has fantastic music)

"I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes
"Highway Don't Care" by Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift
"22" by Eclipse (yes, I'm obsessed. don't judge)
"When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars
and of course...
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts

I have now officially been to California, Arizona, and Nevada.
I have also taken a road trip with people other than family members.

Other pictures exist with Brittney and Lyndsey... maybe someday I will actually get them.
All in all, it was an adventurous and absolutely fantastic trip!
Here's to the start of a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment