Thursday, June 6, 2013

time flies

post from mid-April 2013

The winter is already over.
Evidences of spring are everywhere.
New faces. New roommates. New friends.
Wedding receptions. Seriously I have three just this week. Craziness.

Here are just a few highlights from the past several weeks.

General Conference.
A great weekend of spending time with family and friends. And listening to the prophet and apostles speak.
What's not to love?
most epic conference picture ever.
me and Naticia on the train ride up to the Saturday morning session
So I have kind of a big announcement:

I FINISHED MY MISSION PAPERS!

I have decided to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
This means that for eighteen months I will be sharing the beautiful messages of this gospel with others. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to serve, and I am just so excited! I have finished up my part of the paperwork. Now just a few final things to take care of, then the paperwork will be submitted to church headquarters and I will receive a mission call. More on all of this to come. Hopefully soon!
To learn more about what exactly I plan to do for eighteen months, visit mormon.org/missionaries.


Skype sessions.
Devon headed back to spend time with his family before his mission. So a bunch of us Skype in order to continue our scripture study group. It is the greatest thing ever.
Seriously. Get a scripture study group going. At home, with friends, in your apartment. Anyone. Anytime. Such a blast!

group call with Devon's friend Allison, his little brother, Devon, and me and Lyndsey
me, Lyndsey, and Devon
I spend a lot of time with Lyndsey. 
We live next door to each other and basically have a party.
If you ever feel the need to relive your childhood, you're welcome to join us for some Hannah Montana.


Reorganization.
They say that change is good, but for now, it's a little sad.
Our bishopric was released and our stake presidency was reorganized! 
I have absolutely loved the past eight months with Bishop Murdock, his counselors, Brother Rosenthal and Brother Johnson, and their wives. They are such incredible people and I have been blessed to work and counsel with them.

me, Bishop Murdock, and Sister Murdock
I absolutely love this song.

Nothing else much has been happening.
I babysat my cousins for a night, finished up finals, and helped with a musical number. My job is up to forty hours a week instead of twenty so that should be fun. I'm enjoying the birds chirping and the blooming flowers. Hopefully the cooler temperatures stick around for a while.
The summer is off to a fantastic, busy start!
Remember to smile.

1 comment: