Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Final Week and Goodbyes

I really don't like saying goodbyes. Especially to people as amazing as these. My final three days in the dorms consisted of the following (besides studying for finals):
Sunday. I taught my last Gospel Doctrine lesson. It was awesome. I love the people in my ward so much. I was an emotional wreck just sharing my last few thoughts with all of them. I was so grateful for the chance I had to (attempt to) teach and learn from this ward. It was amazing. After church and after lunch at the Cannon, everyone gathered for an impromptu photo shoot right outside the dorms. So much fun!
Sarah, my darling Relief Society president
Stover girls! me, Annie, Lindee, MarLeice, Sarah, Melanie, Alexis, Brooke, Elise. love them all
los chicos. and all future missionaries.
love these people. Harrison, Haley, me, Hattie, and Angela
Provo YSA 119th Ward Freshman Year 2011-2012. aka best ward ever.
Monday. I studied for and took a final. I picked up my parents from the airport and we drove back down to Provo. Where my ward had taken over the Malt Shoppe (Stevenette's for previous BYU grads). SO MUCH FUN. The jukebox was playing and everyone was singing at the top of their lungs. My parents met my friends at their finest. Which was absolutely awesome.
me and my mom 
when I say we took over the Malt Shoppe... we literally took it over. there was no one (besides the employees) there that I did not know from the ward. craziness.
I can include this picture because of the top left corner. plus these are awesome people.
me and Austin. he heads off to Cuiabá Brazil in September - he's going to be one incredible missionary!!
me and Derrick. he is such a great guy - I'm lucky to have gotten to know him this semester!
Tuesday. Another final and then packing up. I checked out of the dorms and had to say goodbye to Stover Hall. What an amazing freshman dorm! And then I had to say goodbye to the people... so sad. But I will see them soon!
Andy. best home teacher ever. soon to be amazing missionary. all around fantastic guy!
Brooke. I cannot wait for this girl to get here in a few weeks. summer missionary-writing pool parties ahead!
Amy and Annie. Incredible girls! oh how I miss having them right down the hall.
Zoë. aka the greatest RA ever. thank you for making dorm life so incredible awesome!
goodbye to 1121 Stover Hall. it's been real.
Austin and Ethan. Ethan's a fellow Oregonian who also appreciates the delicious Tillamook ice cream.  who is also just an amazing person. so is Austin. and they're both going to be incredible missionaries!
Haley and Hattie. two of my best friends ever. and they're form Oregon. these are our temper tantrum faces. we don't like saying goodbye.
but then we decided to take a nice picture too.
goodbye to Sarah!!
And then it was over. I'm officially a sophomore. So weird. I still feel like a freshman who is figuring life out. Moving on will be tough after these amazing people and fun times.


Goodbye freshman year.
Hello RMs. yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment