Monday, May 21, 2012

Reflections

So the whole reconstruction thing didn't work out... of course, I did it just before finals. Not the brightest move on my part.
Freshman year. Quite possibly the greatest year of my life. I made the most incredible friends and have such fun, memories. My freshman ward was awesome!! I am going through some serious withdrawals not seeing these people every single day. Honestly, I can't adequately describe in words just how wonderful and amazing this year was. Almost a month later, here are a few of the random thoughts and lessons of freshman year running through my head.


Stover Sisters forever. Dorm life is awesome.
High school is NOT the best four years of your life. If that was great, just wait for college.



Just from freshman year, I met over 40 of the greatest guys who have their mission calls or are already in the field. And that number continues to grow each week.


Quit procrastinating.
Cooking for yourself is overrated. Enjoy the Cannon Center while you have it.


Set small goals to accomplish every day. Then reward yourself (but not with food. you're not a dog).
I absolutely love having a temple within walking distance! 
Being able to go each week was such a wonderful blessing.


Call home often.
I have awesome friends. Spending time with them is even moreso.


College is a whole lot harder than high school. Study. A lot.
Sleep is wonderful.
Having a car was a wonderful blessing! I miss the Rav a lot... but walking isn't terrible. Thank you so much for allowing me to use it this past school year!


Finding a balance between sleep, studying, and social life is quite difficult.

I can't wait for August to come. 3 more months until I see my best friends again!


It's hard to choose only a few pictures from the year. Here's a fantastic slideshow of our incredible freshman ward if you really want to watch it. There are so many fun times and great memories. What an amazing year!

I don't know how many of you read this, but Provo 119th Ward - you changed my life. Thank you for your examples, your love for me, your craziness, your willingness to include me, and just your overall awesomeness! Boys, you are going to be incredible missionaries!! See (most of) you in two years! Girls, I honestly cannot wait for August to get here. I love you all!


Thank you for the greatest year I could have asked for! I wouldn't trade this freshman year for anything. Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment