Saturday, January 12, 2013

entering the work force

My first day of work was not too shabby.


I was paid to sit and listen to training session on the history and layout of the library.
Then I was paid to sit and listen to another hour-long training session on providing great customer service.

[totally unrelated note: if you ever need help in the library, just let me know!! I'm trained in such matters.]

I also got a free water bottle along with some snacks.

To be completely honest, I am incredibly excited about this job. in case you couldn't tell.

Not only will I be finding historical documents [um, YES], digitized artifacts, and whatever else the Internet may have to offer, I also get to learn about a few new languages [anyone want to help me brush up on my German, French, Italian, Portuguese, and whatever other crazy European languages you may know], about a few more countries in Europe, and maybe even meet a few new people.

The only concern my supervisor has: the possibility of getting distracted by documents or interactive databases.
Have I mentioned I am a history nerd and this will be the best thing ever?


I am not lucky; I am blessed beyond measure.

Oh, and the best part?
I have a name tag.
It's magnetic. It's pretty great. And it's totally makes me think I'm actually official.


[note: this is one of those rare occasions when I really wish I had Instagram and could make a collage of my name tag, the water bottle, and myself. Alas it is not to be.]

Welcome to the work force.
[should be a party]

No comments:

Post a Comment