Wednesday, January 9, 2013

i'm a big kid now

I have an irrational fear of public transportation.
I think it has something to do with the fact that I spent my teenage years near New York City and Chicago.

However, after my hospital appointments this morning, I headed off on the grand adventure of discovering the Salt Lake City public transportation system.
yikes.
But I lived to tell the tale.
My first great feat as a twenty-year-old.
Challenge complete.

It honestly was perfectly fine. Just long.
I had one transfer from the Trax to the FrontRunner and had to sit in the cold for 45 minutes. Other than that, the ride was uneventful.
I did have a great view of the mountains, though.


At the hospital, the docs told me my heart was still beating, gave me a flu shot, and sent me on my way.
I won't be back there until April.
I really like this whole "being-healthy" thing.

[also here are some old pictures from right before finals week I never posted...]

Hayley, Aunt Jen, and me after dinner at their house!
John, Hayley, and I. The three amigos. We are all freezing in this picture. And yes, I am on the top of a hill and am still the shortest.
Tomorrow holds history class excitement and a job interview.
Being an adult is overrated.
But it's so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. What history classes are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh college... lesbehonest.
    I miss it. a lot.

    Have fun in your history class!

    love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete