Monday, January 7, 2013

two decades

I turned 20 today.
Twenty years old.
That's old.
I am no longer a teenager.
I am officially an adult.
Yikes.
That means I have been alive for 7,300 days.
That's a whole lot of days.

Today was just fantastic. 
I trudged through a foot of snow up to campus.
Which was actually so much fun.
I went to New Testament.
With three of my best friends from freshman year.
Then we all went and ate lunch with my other great friend who just got back from her Italy study abroad. 
Then I had my other religion class.
Which I am beyond excited about. 
I'm hoping I got a job that I had part two of the interview for today.
I got to talk with a few other good friends for a while.
And then I got started on my New Testament homework.
I just read for about an hour. It was lovely.
To top it all off, we had a fun ward FHE activity.
Finally, I am back home.
Attempting to finish the puzzle John and I started yesterday.
We'll see how this goes.

Happy 20th Birthday to me!

On another note, I can't really believe I have made it this far. I am so grateful to every single one of you who have made it possible for me to be where I am today. There are a lot of exciting adventures in store this year, and I cannot wait to see where I end up!

Thank you to all of my incredible friends and family members who have been such great blessings in my life. I love you all. So much! Thanks for making today so wonderful!

I came across this song the other day. It completely reminds me of freshman year, great friends, and happy memories. And it seemed appropriate to share today, given that it's kind of that "year in review" time of the year. 
"Time of Our Lives"
by Tyrone Wells


This is my new mantra for this next year of life. Along with "remember to smile." 

I am going to make
the rest of my life
the BEST of my life.

Since I am at home, by myself, eating a birthday brownie that was left over from FHE, I am in kind of a weird dance-party mood. So enjoy the random song that I've been listening to quite a bit today. 

"You're the Voice"
by John Farnham

Basically, today was fantastic.
Thanks for making it great. 
Keep on smiling, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. ummm I had no idea it was your birthday!! HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!! who do you have NT with?? who is your professor? Give Haley a HUG from me!! Oh that's so exciting she's back from Italy. I bet she has so many cool stories and pictures to share. I'm glad you had a great day. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better person. Love you and miss you.

    Also, I'd totally have a dance party with you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete