Tuesday, January 8, 2013

typical tuesday

dear Tuesday,
I love how you went today. Can we agree to do this the rest of the semester? Thanks.

I woke up relatively early, got ready, and read my scriptures for a while.
Then I headed up to the Marriott Center for devotional. Best thing ever.
I sat with John and Scott, discussed classes, and then listened to the speaker.
I attended my history class. My first major-specific class ever! I'm a big kid now.
dear self,
I am certain there is something else interesting in your life. The interesting fact "I have had three heart transplants" is getting old. Think a little harder, ok? Thanks.

dear devotionals,
I hope you know how much I love you. You are the brightest part of my week in the mundane routine of classes. Keep up the good work.

President and Sister Samuelson spoke to us today about recognizing the hand of the Lord in our lives.
It was awesome. President and Sister Samuelson are such incredible people, and I love them!

Guess who is speaking next week?
SISTER DALTON.
General Young Women President.
love her. 
And President Uchtdorf is speaking on Sunday.
I am beyond excited.
dear HBLL,
I have a job interview to work for you this semester. It would be great if you could maybe put in a few good words on my behalf. Because let's be honest, who else is going to as excited as I am to come work with historical documents?

dear Vocal Point,
You have stolen my heart once again. Too bad you're all married or engaged. Maybe next year.

This song. I always think of President Hicnkley when I hear this song.
"Danny Boy" as sung by BYU Vocal Point

dear extended family,
Thank you for feeding me, driving me everywhere, and talking with me. I love seeing you all, and I wish I could see you more often. Thanks for the birthday wishes and candles today.
Also, I love getting hugs from your adorable little kids. They are the cutest.

dear body,
I only have one request: No nasty surprises tomorrow, please. I am quite enjoying staying out of the hospital for extended periods of time, and I would like to try it more often.

dear self,
You need to take more pictures. Hayley can't take them for you anymore. So get out that camera and start awkwardly asking every person you hang out with if you can document your time with them. You'll thank me later.

Be happy. Stay happy. Always smile.
You never know who might be watching.
That's creepy. But profound. So just do it.

1 comment:

  1. gahhh Tuesdays. I miss them SO MUCH.

    hope you get the job in the HFAC!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete