Thursday, December 20, 2012

one more week

[day twenty-five]
bishopric
I absolutely love my bishopric

Bishop Murdock is sincerely interested in each one of our lives; the joys, the challenges, and the menial day-to-day tasks. He takes the time to talk to me, something I greatly appreciate. Fun fact: apparently he's my aunt's dentist.
Brother Johnson is about the happiest man alive. He always wears the biggest smile. Once you get him started, he will talk your ear off about his grandkids. 
Brother Rosenthal knows every single person, and he seems to know every little thing about them. While he's a little more quiet and reserved, he has the best sense of humor. 

All three of them are at nearly every single activity, as well as their wives. I have grown to love these three men who lead our ward; they truly are inspired, and I know they will drop everything to help me. 

Today was a little crazy. Figuirng out that church started at 10 am instead of 11:15 was a bit of a shocker and made for a little bit of a rushed morning. We had a combined stake meeting since there weren't very many people back from Thanksgiving break. The lessons were wonderful, and it was nice to have sacrament meeting first for once.

In our Relief Society lesson, we talked about the Footprints in the Sand poem [read it here. such an amazing story!]. I came home and was doing some research on the story, and came across this song. I fell in love with the lyrics. Enjoy.
"Footprints in the Sand"
by Leona Lewis

Hayley got her mission call in the mail on Friday, and she finally opened it today!!!! Even though I will miss her next semester, I am so excited for my roommate to serve the people of Brazil. She is going to be such an incredible missionary!

I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. There is only one more week left of school. And then it's finals and back home for the holidays. Craziness.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful music video. i cried.
    where in Brazil is Hayley going?!?! and when does she leave?!?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete