Monday, February 20, 2012

Past Two Weeks...Part Two

More pictures. More words. Longer blog post. Thanks for reading.

Sunday February 12th
Slightly embarrassing...
Angela and I slept through our own sacrament meeting. But I woke up early enough to make it to teach my lesson (which was on 2 Nephi 1-2 and I was really excited about it, but my thoughts were slightly scatterbrained so it didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I guess that's my own fault). Anyways, it was still great.
Plus, Jamie came home from the hospital the night before, so she came to church!! It was great to see her up and moving again.
Later, Angela and I went to sacrament meeting with her brother, Tom. Which was an awesome meeting, and a little different hearing from a couple of returned missionaries. The best part, though, was Sunday School after. Apparently Tom goes to marriage prep. Knowing nobody else in his ward, Angela and I also went to marriage prep.
Note to self: marriage prep is not for me right now.
So it was slightly embarrassing, but entertaining enough to make up for it.
Later that night I went over to Jeff and Carly's for dinner and to hang out with my adorable cousins, Conner, Lily, and Sammy, and their grandparents. It was a delicious home-cooked meal and a fun few hours with family.
My only half-decent picture of those two... and my only picture from the day.
No one came to visit during visiting hours (big surprise), but I did get to talk with one of my good friends who I haven't seen in a while. A great Sunday!

Monday February 13th
Classes, homework, the usual Monday routine.
For FHE we had a ward Valentine's Day party. I made a few cards, talked with some friends. Observed the quite definite division between the guys and the girls.
Guys play with balloons until they all pop.
Girls make cards.
There were a few guys mixed into the card-making, and people were taking some Valentine-themed pictures over at the "photo booth" (with a division between the guys and girls of course), but the balloon games were definitely the guys. Just entertaining. Eventually, Angela will do a blog post with the pictures our friend Andy took with her camera. Look forward to that.

Valentine's Day
{separate post coming soon}

Wednesday February 15th
Classes and homework, just as usual.
My sisters texted me to wake me up in the morning, which worked, but I neglected to text them back until later that night. I was in trouble. But I've been forgiven (Rachel...).
Visiting hours were a little sad. Jamie came back to say goodbye to everyone before heading back home. It's sad to see her go, but we'll see her in the fall! Her recovery is just incredible!
See, not every single day is a party here.
Although the mountains are awesome!
Hattie enjoying the mountains
me loving the mountains...as usual
we like to play "find the Y"
Can you find it?
Thursday February 16th
I took my second spanish exam today. I felt pretty good about it actually. The written part was actually similar to a Valentine's day activity one of my old spanish teachers in high school had us do. So I rocked that portion!
Kyle spotlighting Hannah 
Haley spotlighting Angela!
Ward Prayer was entertaining as always! My friend Hannah was spotlighted, as was Angela!
After ward prayer and talking to some people, Hattie and I went to finish off the Tillamook ice cream, and Ethan came along. Eventually our friend Elise (who is also from Oregon) joined in for some as well. FUN TIMES.

Friday February 17th
7 years ago
2.17.2005
I received my 2nd heart transplant
{separate post coming soon}

Saturday February 18th
Midterm studying.
Long nap.
Homework.
Hanging out with Hattie.
Talking to family.
Brainstorming short story ideas for Megan.
To bed (relatively) early.
The end.

Sunday February 19th
Angela and I woke up on time (yes!) to three inches of SNOW!!!! YAY!!
...and went to a fantastic sacrament meeting. We had a stake leader speak to us which was awesome! Annabel (my team teacher) taught Sunday School, and Angela taught Relief Society. Both lessons on Joseph Smith. Both excellent! I love Sundays :)
I will be speaking to a group of Young Women on Wednesday the 22nd, so I worked on preparing that fireside/talk/devotional for a while before crashing for a nap. Woke up a few hours later, skyped with family, helped Megan with short story ideas, and worked on the fireside a little more.
Angela was watching a favorite movie and giggling for the entire length of the movie!
SO much funny!
And now we are caught up!! well, except for the Valentine's Day post. and the heart anniversary post. but those are coming.
As Angela would say, "For the love of the blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment