Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chivalry and Laundry

Found this draft post from the 1st of February. Enjoy.

Those who know me would know that I am a sucker for a wonderful chick flick, particularly one involving some fantasy. Namely, the chivalrous gentleman who saves the damsel in distress. 
Which is partly why I love BYU so much. Most of the guys here are raised with the expectation of chivalry and respect with us women.
I probably don't show my appreciation for it as much, but I really do love when guys hold a door open for me. Today I was lucky and got to experience a little bit more.
After breakfast, I offered a ride up to campus to some of the guys I was eating with. One of them (who shall remain nameless) decided to come with me. Walking from the Cannon to Stover, he opened every door. He attempted to open the car door for me, but because it's a manual lock had to wait for me to unlock it. The snow from the night before had created a lovely layer of ice on all the windows. So he offered to scrape the snow and ice off. Another entertaining moment as he, being from the south, had never scraped ice off a car before. 
I really appreciated it. So thanks to my nameless friend. And to all the other BYU boys - learn from this. Girls really do love a little chivalry every now and then.

There's my musings on chivalry. I could go on longer, but I'll restrain myself.

On the other hand, the remainder of my Monday was spent with my laundry. I don't terribly mind doing laundry, actually. It gives me a little while to just listen to music, think through everything going on in life, and even practice piano while my clothes wash.
The thing I need to remember, however, is that I should never put my laundry off. Then it takes far longer than laundry ever should for a single person. Which is what happened today as you can probably tell from the photo below.

me. exhausted after a day of laundry and class.
Still. It would be nice to have a knight in shining armor to do my laundry.

Also. Do enjoy this song. I think it's appropriate given the theme of this post. Plus it is possibly one of new, favorite country songs.
Chris Young - "You"

1 comment:

  1. I think I have an idea of who it may be.... haha ;)
    and oh girl- Today is my laundry day :/
    yikes.

    ReplyDelete