Tuesday, September 25, 2012

colder weather and happiness

fall. is. the. best

hot chocolate. curling up in a blanket. tomato soup and grilled cheese.
sweatshirts. boots. long sleeves. warm coats.
fire-colored leaves. gorgeous mountains. bonfires in the canyon.
chilly mornings. overcast sky. an occasional rain storm. crisp, clean air.
people tend to wear a smile.
basically it's perfect.
I still haven't taken my camera up to campus. So I don't have any pictures of the mountains on fire as of yet. soon though. I need to find a way up into those mountains before the leaves turn brown. gosh I love the mountains.

I'm that person who would move to Alaska for the summer. I just love the colder weather.
Apparently it snowed today in Park City. AHH!!

this weekend was really low key. homework and reading. my Friday night consisted of a long Skype session with my wonderful siblings... and Hayley joined in. good times.



wait a second...
I've been at college for a whole year. When did this happen?! I can't believe I am already a quarter of the way done with college (theoretically speaking). Time just flies when you're having fun I guess.

I love missionaries
Mondays are the best. I open my email to this flood of missionary emails. They all have such different experiences and things to say in their letters. It's so much fun to read about all that they do. On Sunday I was able to spend several hours just writing letters. I am so grateful for their examples and everything they are doing to share the gospel and serve others!

Devotional just made today even better on top of the perfect weather. An accounting professor spoke about being happy! He gave five suggestions on how to stay positive in a negative world.
  1. Righteousness does not mean perfection.
  2. Keep trying even if you know you'll fall down again.
  3. Keep your eyes focused on Heavenly Father.
  4. Remember: Heavenly Father's approval is the only one that matters.
  5. Look for and remember the times of true joy in your life.
His last piece of advice came from President Eyring:
Keep a daily journal (even if it's just a few lines) and ask yourself:
"How have I seen the hand of God reach out to touch me today?"

Doctrine & Covenants 123:17
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

I love this gospel of good news. I love this university where these lessons are part of my everyday experiences. I love being happy and helping others feel that happiness.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment