Tuesday, September 11, 2012

home again

First off, this was last night's sunset. Absolutely gorgeous.


Today went like this:

I was awoken at 9 am to take my meds
I talked to my friend who is currently studying in Italy via Skype. needless to say I am beyond jealous
I was quickly interrupted by a doctor coming in saying my biopsy time had been moved from 11:30 to 9:30
I made some phone calls, sent some text messages, then was wheeled down to the cath lab.
They only missed once and got an IV started right next to that weird bone that protrudes from my wrist (someday I'll know what that's called)
And then they put me to sleep. With some anxiety on my part...
quick note: one of the nurses remembers when I had my first heart transplant. so it was fun to talk to her and she was telling the docs all about how I'm so much better at anesthesia than I was when I was eight. but not much. somewhat entertaining... anyways.
Awoke in recovery to see my amazing cousin, Heather!
Slept. Sick a few times. Slept some more. Ate some saltines and apple juice. Slept more.

my cousin, Heather, and me on our way out the door!
Finally, my six hours of lying flat were up and I got to sit and walk around, and an hour later I was out of the hospital with four prescriptions to fill.

Side note: My discharge doctor's name was Dr. Justice. coolest name ever.

Now I get to spend the night at my cousin's house (which is absolutely amazing) and tomorrow I will be back in Provo.

and of course, tonight's sunset. I just really like sunsets, ok?
The results:
Focal mild cellular rejection of third cardiac transplant with possible vascular rejection and mild chronic ischemic changes.
at least that's what my discharge papers say.
basically, it's mild rejection so they get to pound me with prednisone for a week.
which means I will be an irritable, hungry, bloated, moody insomniac for a while. joy.

these are my meds. except for the glass of milk. that's not a med.
just my night time meds.
I have to do this again in the morning. ugh.
Follow-up plan:
Appointment on Friday morning.

But I get to be back. Which is wonderful.

Thank you for all your prayers and support! I am so grateful that this can be treated so easily. I received one dose of prednisone in the hospital and haven't felt the shoulder pain since. Life will be back to normal soon, and I am very grateful for that.

Thanks again, and remember to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment