Friday, July 26, 2013

good times in p-town

So there was this time when I went home and just kind of stayed there.
For a month.
I came back to the lovely Provo to pack up my apartment, move out officially, and get everything set to leave for eighteen months.
I will be back home for the rest of the summer getting ready for the mission.
Here are the adventures of my two week stay in my home away from home.

Explored the Milwaukee airport. Quite a lovely experience actually.

Day with Rachel. This included walking around the entire BYU campus, going to a friend's wedding reception, a drive up the canyon, a late night visit to the Edwards.
her future home. Man I miss freshman year.
Bridal Veil falls. and some adventurous kids. 


love her.
Volunteering at Summer New Student Orientation. Love the little freshman.
But seriously: get involved with Y-Serve while you're at BYU. Best thing ever.

Missionary Broadcast. Absolutely incredible meeting!
Along with some quality time with my friend, Marian.

Sunday drive by the Provo Temple. And a beautiful sunset.



An interview with my Stake President to finally submit those mission papers.

Watching and studying other devotionals and talks. Like this one by Elder Holland.

Exploring Fairview, Utah with grandparents and finding a few common ancestors.
Selfies: what happens when grandpa has an iPhone and his two grandkids are stuck in the backseat on a long drive.
we found them!
And then watching the Manti Pageant.

gorgeous.
Training new Center for Service Program Directors.
Again: Y-Serve is the greatest.

Dinner and the Despicable Me 2 premiere with Rachel, Clark, and Steven. Fantastic movie!


Visiting baby Zachary, hanging out with Steven, and baptisms at the Jordan River Temple.

Lunch with the Champion family. Basically the sweetest kids ever.

photo cred: Lionell.
Dinner with the Pettitt's. Loved catching up with them!

And of course, the more menial things like running errands, packing up my life, and getting a haircut.

Until October Provo. 
I'll miss you. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment