Monday, October 22, 2012

crazy weekends

last weekend:

date to the Malt Shoppe
movie night. by myself.
I also got to see a lovely rainbow over the mountains.

Hattie came to visit
football game with Hattie and Kendall
(we lost by the way)
me, Hattie, and Kendall.
they actually cheered for Oregon. oh well.
also I'm a lot shorter than both of them. hence me craning my neck to even be in the picture.
the stadium!!
cool towels we got. love free stuff.
Failed creeper picture of my cousins.
Christopher and baby Jackson (hidden behind the popcorn box)
back home for a nap
crunched through leaves outside my apartment
I. love. fall.
hang out with Hattie and enjoy Tillamook ice cream

Hayley and her friend Scott picked me up for a quadruple group date
we raked leaves in random yards and put them into a truck bed
[no pictures]
then went back to a small park where we dumped all the leaves out and took pictures and jumped in them and had a grand time
then to Scott's house for cookies, music, and new friends

baking party on Sunday as seen here

Oh and then on Monday for FHE we watched Megamind.
Which was hilarious.

this weekend:

Aunt Jen drove me to Greg and Wendy's
I played with my cousins then went to bed.

Greg drove me to the hospital.
Doctor's appointments with transplant early that morning.
The echo tech was pretty hilarious, though.
Guess what? Everything still looks great.

I then proceeded to cross a busy road, (possibly illegally) crossed train tracks, strolled across a small park, cut through another parking lot, and finally reached the University of Utah honors housing. 
All with my rolling suitcase in tow.

I then spent the rest of the day with Amber (my great friend from Chicago)!
I took a nap while she went to a bioengineering class.
When she returned, I met some of her friends and we played games.
We then attempted a homemade macaroni and cheese (actually pretty delicious) for dinner.
Which made us late for our movie.... but that's ok.
Returned home (much later than planned) and played Five Crowns with aforementioned friends.
Then decided to watch Ever After. fantastic movie.
And then we crashed.
The lovely University of Utah campus. The picture doesn't do it justice; it was gorgeous.
me and Amber!!
I got to hang out with Amber the next morning-ish. 
Then she dropped me off at Hayley's grandparents.
Where Hayley picked me up and we drove to the Park City outlets.
I was unsuccessful at finding a new coat. oh well.
After the outlets, we headed back to the Butlers.

We had a group Spanish "studying" session with Scott and John.
And then Hayley and I joined them on their shopping trip.
Never before have two men been so focused at Hobby Lobby.
Hayley and I were entertained. It was a blast.
[photos courtesy of Hayley's camera taken by myself]
we study spanish. a lot. and it can be confusing. a lot. 
pro models right here.
um yeah there was a gorgeous sunset. I LOVE SUNSETS.
me, Hayley, Scott, and John.
Back to their house for dinner.
Then a few hours of looking at talks, listening to mission stories, and just talking.
John, Hayley, and I drove back to Provo.
Stopped in Macey's on the way home to pick up some Tillamook ice cream.
And finally crashed into bed.

I love Sundays. so much.
Church was just wonderful. Great talks and lessons.
Then we did our visiting teaching. Our girls are fantastic!!
John came over to hang out for a while.
He made us a delicious dinner.
Then the three of us drove up to campus for....
a dating fireside.
It was actually amazing. A very different perspective and just really interesting.
on the way home from being enlightened on our dating lives.
photo credit: John
Back home to work on homework, letters, and other miscellaneous items.

Now it's off to bed.
Here's to another crazy week of college life.
And I'm loving every second of it.

I was reading some talks today. If you have a few minutes this week, please read this talk: 
Such a powerful talk by an incredible man. 

As always, remember to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment