Sunday, October 14, 2012

#domesticgoddesses

Hayley and I basically spent the entire day in the kitchen today. and it was fabulous.
I whipped up these deliciously wonderful delicacies:
Aunt Wendy's Homemade Granola
Mom's Pumpkin Bars
aka the best fall dessert ever made. so good.
and Hayley cooked up a wonderful dinner of this from her pinterest:
Skinny Slow-Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
I feel like I accomplished a whole lot today since I baked so much. I need to experiment more with my food. But following a recipe lowers my chances of ruining the food I already purchased...

All three are fabulous recipes. I included links to all of them if you get the baking bug, too.

On another note, I was finally able to steal get pictures from Hayley's camera.
Here are our adventures of the last two-ish weeks:

just chilling on a hammock. talking about life between conference sessions.
conference re-enactment...
new sister missionary website. we were pretty thrilled.
sunday morning session with the Churches and other members of Hayley's family
roomies!
another spontaneous movie night. the best.
And now we're at today.
Hayley's grandparents [who just happen to be friends with my grandparents] came to drop off a box for Hayley from back home. 
Enclosed were a few goodies for me as well: "13 Articles of Faith for LDS College Students," a Halloween basket, and [the best part] a polar bear hat. thanks Sister Walton!

crazy hats can only mean one thing.
cue dorky pictures of us finishing up dinner. with the hats on. of course.
we have way too much fun.
photo credit: John
[who found the whole thing hysterical. I mean, who wouldn't?]

thought for the week:
"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.
The time will pass anyway." 
-Earl Nightingale
Go. Live your dream.
name that movie?
Remember to smile this week!

it's Tangled. in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. TANGELD. totes said it before I saw the answer... #booya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your mom's pumpkin bar recipe. I clicked on the link and it didn't work. :-(. I'm so glad that you are having such an amazing college experience. Luv ya!

    ((((HUGS))))

    Kim Champion

    ReplyDelete