Thursday, July 5, 2012

fun facts: andy griffith

Andy Griffith passed away today. Upon finding this out, I decided to do a little research into the television icon's history. Here's what I have learned today.
  • The Andy Griffith Show debuted October 3, 1960.
  • The show ran for 8 seasons with a total of 249 episodes.
  • Andy was from North Carolina.
  • He was raised Baptist, was a shy kid in school, participated in drama, and loved swing music.
  • He originally was going to be a preacher, but later changed his major to study music. there is hope for me.
  • Andy was a singer. He has an album of country songs that I must track down.
  • In April 1983, Andy was diagnosed with Guillain-BarrĂ© syndrome. which my three-year-old cousin also has.
  • He passed away on July 3, 2012 at the age of 86.
  • The Andy Griffith Show is by far one of my favorite old television shows. I love the simplicity of the times, I love the humor, and I love the small town of Mayberry. Thank you Andy Griffith.


information courtesy of Wikipedia. photo courtesy of imdb.

my Tuesday involved work and some phone calls.
I went visiting teaching that morning which was great.
and another movie with the roommates: Listen To Your Heart. great music, great plot. cute chick flick.

resolutions report:
blog post. check. though published two days late...oops.
wrote a letter. other half check.
made bed. check. I'm getting good at this.
two hours intellectual stimulation: continued reading my book (report later) and learned about Andy Griffith.
took a picture. check.
the story: our friend Andy came to visit the apartment. and he hid notes all over. we discovered the first one today.


not a bad day, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. RIP Andy
    We will always remember you in our hearts as the sheriff without a gun.

    ReplyDelete