Sunday, July 1, 2012

google and goodbyes

I finally broke down and got on to the Google bandwagon. And I love it. Google Plus, Calendar, Gmail, Docs, everything. Google is brilliant.

Brooke (who is here for summer!!) convinced me to sign up when I saw her awesome pictures on her latest blog post which she edited with Google Plus.
So I imported some pictures I needed to blog about and played around with the editing tools on Google.
Lots of fun, and I think they look pretty cool :)

Being in Provo for the summer means I get to see a lot of the guys before the go into the MTC, and I get to attend a lot of farewells. And I get to talk to/hang out with friends I didn't always get to spend time with back in freshman year... but more on that later.

Last Sunday, Brooke, Kaley, and I drove up to Sandy for our friend, Jordan's, farewell. He is off to Edmonton Canada in a week or so. He did a fabulous job on his talk, and it was so good to see him!


Some fun notes about Jordan's farewell:
  • his bishop is John Bytheway. that was pretty cool.
  • his dad was my Personal Finance professor. and Jordan has some of his mannerisms which is quite entertaining. I was also sitting right in front of Bro. Marsh during the farewell...
  • our other friend, Mike, came down from SLC! Another great guy who's farewell is next week.
  • the best surprise was Lindee and Amy!! They drove all the way down from Idaho Falls for the farewell to surprise Jordan. It was so much fun to see them and got me so excited for fall when I can see all of the girls from freshman year again! 
My great friend from Oregon, Ethan stopped by to talk and eat some Tillamook ice cream with me and our friend, Nick, (and his brother Thomas who happened to be mission companions with my cousin) before he headed off for the MTC. It was so good to see him, even if I only got a handshake. The people of Nicaragua are lucky to have him!
Temple trips last semester and intense game nights during spring term with Derrick. It was great to see him before he headed back home. Plus I got a free meal at the Cannon which I am beginning to miss quite a bit. I am so excited for him to get his mission call soon!!

From FHE activities in fall, to eating at the Cannon, and basically being the best home teacher ever, Andy Pyper everyone. He came to town, so Brooke and I went to lunch with him and just talked for a few hours. And he's going to my mom's mission - Montevideo Uruguay! It was so much fun to just catch up and reminisce on freshman year.

All of these guys are going to be such incredible missionaries. I am so glad I was able to get to know them the past few months. I can't wait to hear about the great things they do over the next two years!! 

Good luck Elders!

And while the boys are gone, I get to hang out with these lovely ladies (and all the other Stover Sisters) in just two months!!! I cannot wait for fall semester when we can all reunite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment