Sunday, January 29, 2012

Apartment Hunting

So my friends and I have pretty much decided that growing up isn't that great. This housing search is not fun. And it's going to be expensive. But I guess that's part of life right?

Angela and I visited our first apartment on Friday!!
Regency Apartments for women. It looks awesome! The complex is about as close to campus as possible (see map), seems to be super cheap in comparison to other places, and is also right next to two restaurants and a used book store for selling back textbooks. One of my friends recommended it for spring, and it looks super nice.

Amenities include: 

  • extra storage in the apartment 
  • extra freezer
  • grill and BBQ area
  • swimming pool 
  • laundry facilities 
  • lounge 
  • exercise room 
  • free Internet
  • gorgeous view

When we went to visit, we ran into a resident doing her laundry who was more than willing to tell us all about the apartments. She even let us walk around her unit for a little while!

Angela was wonderful enough to let me use some of her pictures of the apartments so you actually get to see what we might live in next year...or in 3 months depending on what we decide about spring and summer term.
The bedrooms.... comes with desks, nightstand, and shelf. oh, and a bed of course. 
The desk.... lots of storage space!

The bathroom area... the sink and counter literally stretch the whole hall.
Two bathrooms which means two showers and two toilets for six girls.

The exercise room in the lounge upstairs... includes TV, weight machine, treadmill, and small trampoline.

The lounge... TV and sink area

The lounge... couches and soft carpet. I'm sold :)

Oh hey! This is Angela everyone!! I think this is one of our first pictures together since becoming roommates actually. 
THE VIEW!!! You can actually see the temple from our apartments which is just awesome. Oh, the pool is there, too.
The apartments seem really nice, the only thing is that contracts are given out based on a lottery system. So there's no guarantee that we can get a spot here. Angela and I both are hoping we can get a spot here, especially for spring and summer terms.

Oh yeah, I'm staying for spring to work and take a few classes. Mom's still not sold on me staying summer term, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same also. Which means I'll be in Utah pretty much permanently now.

Therefore, the plan moving forward:
- visit another complex called Single Tree which is literally half a block from Regency
- talk to the Regency management on Thursday
- decide between the two 
- and then if we decide on Regency... go get the contracts signed on Saturday morning!

Once I have a place, I think I'll feel a lot better about this whole growing up thing. Particularly the fact that I can cook my own meals instead of eating at the Cannon...

Friday night, Angela and I went up to Salt Lake to see my old friend, Lia, in the BYU vs. Utah gymnastics meet. The place was packed! I was surprised, but I guess basketball for BYU is what gymnastics for Utah is. Anyways, just some pictures from the rival event: we lost by the way. Apparently we have only won twice in now 25 competitions against them. The Ute gymnasts are incredible!!
Jon Huntsman Center
BYU on beam
The Utah gymnasts were amazing! This was probably my favorite floor routine of the night.

Me and Angela (Angela and me?) at the meet! Two pictures of us in one day - wow!
By the way, does anyone know of any way to make glasses lenses anti-glare??
Saturday, by the way, is Megan's (my sister) birthday! Which means I will be going to the BYU men's basketball game in her honor. I'm putting this on the blog so you all can hold me to actually going. No excuses now.

1 comment:

  1. I was at that gymnastics meet! Wish I would have seen you!

    ReplyDelete