Friday, January 13, 2012

Thursday Recap

I am convinced. Tuesday and Thursday are going to be the roughest days of the week. It's a good thing I absolutely love these classes and subjects or I would be completely unmotivated to wake up in the mornings. And it helps that I have a friend in both early-morning classes.

Note to self: be in bed before 11 on Monday and Wednesday nights.

Here's essentially how my day went (and how most of my Thursdays will look):

  • up and out of bed at 6:40 am. which is way too early considering the time I went to bed last name which will remain untold.
  • breakfast and driving up to campus with Hattie
  • grab my free copy of the New York Times from a nearby building for my government class (apparently they're all gone by 9 am)
  • government and politics from 8:00 to 9:15 am. way too early to be discussing politics, but the professor is awesome and it actually helps wake me up
  • geography from 9:30 to 10:45 am. I have my friends Francis and Sydney to keep me awake during class, but it's around that time I begin to doze off
  • so after class I headed back down to the dorms for a nap. 
  • then worked on homework and ate lunch
  • and went to spanish at 1:00 where I seriously am having problems staying alert on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
  • back for another short nap, work on some homework, and talk with my friends before...
  • Personal Finance from 3:30 to 4:45. Why did I take all these 75 minute classes? but this class seriously blows my mind every time I go. Just all the cool things you learn about investments, 401(k), saving money, etc. 
  • dinner with girls in the hall
  • then back for TWO full hours of Book of Mormon reading before
  • ward prayer!!
So that was basically my schedule for the day. But what happened in between all that?

I watched the sunrise. And it made waking up early completely worth every minute of lost sleep. Snow capped mountains with tints of orange and pink on them... it doesn't get much better than that.

I got a package. A surprise package from my mom and sister for my birthday! They made the cutest Shutterfly book for me about my life this past year. I love it so much! So many fun memories of 2011 (which will be in a soon-to-be posted post).

I discovered this little blog via my friend Hailey. It is wonderful. I couldn't help but think of my own dad and just how incredible he is! I am so lucky to have him. My future husband's got a lot to live up to.

I played a little game I like to call "epic mancala." Essentially it's a euphemism I like to use to make refilling my weekly med container seem a little less like a mundane chore. 

My mom's old college friend emailed me today to ask if I would speak to her ward's young women in about a month. I feel so honored and blessed to be given the privilege to not only share my story and testimony, but perhaps even help a few struggling youth along the way.

I am getting a little better at reaching outside my comfort zone to talk to people. I made some new friends at ward prayer today with two of the guys who just moved into our ward. Ben is actually in my government class (yes that early-morning one), and Derrick (Derek?) will be coming to the temple with our group tomorrow. Got to love meeting new people here, especially those Mormon boys.

I love the fact that the temple is a two minute drive away. And that I can go every week to do baptisms without having to wait for a scheduled youth trip. It is probably one of the greatest blessings of being here at BYU.

It was confirmed to me (yet again) tonight that I am in the greatest ward I could have possibly ended up in here at school. We're all best friends, and we aren't afraid to be ourselves with each other. After ward prayer, most of us ended up hanging out in the lobby for a few hours and had a sing-a-long! Where else does anything like that happen? 

All in all it's been a great day. Well, I guess it's now Friday morning. I should probably go to bed. Thank goodness for class not being until 1:00 on Friday afternoon... I love college.

Life is good.

Just FYI - this makes two days in a row that I've posted! wow. now if that can just carry on....

1 comment:

  1. I love "Life to her years"!! It's such a cute blog. Really great stuff on there.

    (you're right- It's Derrick) haha

    ReplyDelete