Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reflections of Christ

I wasn't really planning on sharing this tonight. In fact I wasn't even going to write about it until Sunday. But I can't get it off my mind right now so I figure I'd better share it all now before I forget. 

Last Sunday, this girl, my dear friend Brooke, taught our Relief Society lesson on one of my favorite topics: Christ. During the lesson, we each received the letter below. As Brooke read it aloud to us, tears were shed as the power of our Savior's love for each of us as individual daughters of God touched our hearts.

Dear Lauren,

How are you? I just had to send you this letter to tell you how much I love you and care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were walking with your friends. I waited all day, hoping you should walk and talk with me also. As evening drew near, I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you. Then, I waited, but you never came. Oh yes, it hurt me, but I still love you because I am your friend.

I saw you fall asleep last night and I longed to touch your brow, so I spilt moonlight upon your pillow and your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk. I have so many gifts for you.

You awakened late this morning and rushed off for the day. My tears were in the rain. Today you looked so sad, so alone. It makes my heart ache because I understand. My friends let me down and hurt me many times too, but I love you. I try to tell you in the quiet green grass. I whisper it in the leaves and trees and breathe it in the color of the flowers. I shout it to you in the mountain streams and give the birds love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air. My love for you is deeper than the oceans and bigger than the biggest want or need you could ever have.

We will spend eternity together in heaven. I know how hard it is on earth. I really know, because I was there, and I want to help you. My Father wants to help you too. He's that way, you know. Just call on me, ask me, and talk to me, It is your decision... I have chosen you and because of this I will wait... Because I love you.

Your friend and Elder Brother,
Jesus

This is one of my favorite videos. The "Reflections of Christ" project depicts our Savior's life through various portraits and photos. The slideshow is set to one of my favorite hymns, "Come Thou Fount." Please take a few minutes to watch the video. I promise it's worth it.


I am so thankful for inspired teachers, no matter their age or status in life. I need that little spiritual boost every once in a while. It was a wonderful reminder about who I am striving to live like, who I want to return to someday, and all that He did for me. I am so thankful for everything I have been through, for each trial has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and Christ. I hope to be able to communicate that love to all that I meet throughout my life. I am doing well, but I can be better. 

I am so grateful to call Him my brother, my Savior, and my friend. He is the reason life is so good. And because of Him, we can make our lives even more incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment