Saturday, January 14, 2012

Temple Thoughts


As terrible as Tuesdays and Thursdays are, Fridays are certainly going to be incredible. Not only do I have just one class, but I also get to sleep in.

But the best part is that I have time to go to the temple.


Before I get into the spiritual part of my day, let me just mention a few things.
  • I have the most incredible friends I could ever ask for.
  • I really love watching people's reactions to my health story. It honestly (almost) makes everything worth it (or at least a little easier) just to see people's faces when I tell them the story. If you haven't heard it yet, you probably will someday. Plus, it motivates me to make more friends. Just so I can see their reactions when they (at some point) ask about my history.
  • I need to impose a bedtime. Starting this week.
  • The food at the Cannon Center has lost all novelty. It is no longer delicious at all. Well, sometimes they have something that's pretty good. Particularly chocolate milk. But not today.
  • I really enjoy reading Alma in the Book of Mormon. Yes, it's a little long. But there is so much amazing stuff in there!!
  • I need to get some more piano music. I need something to practice, more songs to learn. Not just the same church and Disney and Jon Schmidt songs I've been playing for years. I am currently working on "Root Beer Rag" by Billy Joel
  • This also means I need to improve my appreciation for classical piano music. *deep sigh*
  • I miss family prayer time with my family.
  • I love talking to the girls in my hall all the time (Hattie and Haley mostly...)
Brooke, Angela, Amy, Derrick, and I headed over to the Provo Temple in the late afternoon. We discovered that to be the busiest time of day when there were no disabled parking spots available. But because it was so busy in the baptistry, I was able to be at the temple for three hours. Which seems to be an extremely long time at first glance, but coming back I realized there really wasn't anything I would rather have spent that time doing than simply being at the temple. I spent my time reading the Book of Mormon and pondering on things that had happened.

That morning I received an email from my mom's old college friend, Kelley, asking me to come speak to her young women in about a month. I am so honored to have been asked to share my testimony with these incredible youth. There is so much I want to share, and I am hoping that over the next few weeks I'll be led to know what these particular girls need to hear. I am so excited for the opportunity, but a bit nervous. So that's been on my mind for a good portion of the day.

I love the temple. I feel close to my Heavenly Father and Christ when I am there. I love the spirit that is there. It is a beautiful place to think, learn, and grow. I love having the chance to attend often and with my dear friends. I come out feeling happiness and joy I rarely feel outside of the temple. It is an incredible gift to be able to attend the temple here at BYU, and I will be taking advantage of it far more often. 

In my reading I came across this verse that beautifully sums up my feelings today: Alma 26:11.

Life is good. And I can't wait to see what adventures this weekend holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment