Monday, January 16, 2012

Lessons, Naps, and Growing Up

My sister texted me this morning rather upset that I did not blog yesterday. I figure I've missed only one day after starting five days ago, which is fairly good odds. Missing one day of blogging does not mean I have to completely give up on my resolution. I did start a post yesterday. Not this one, a different one which will be posted later. Moving on...

My Sunday was pretty fantastic. Except for waking up super early after staying up way too late the night before.


I still don't know who my gospel doctrine team-teacher is or will be. And I had a slight heart attack in sacrament meeting when only two new teachers were called and neither of them were with me and I was wondering if I was indeed supposed to teach that day.

But it's all good because they only had two classes yesterday.

The talks during sacrament meeting were all about what people learned from (not about) the Christmas season. Hearing them talk made me think about all that I learned from my break back home. All four of them talked about how they realized just how important family is. If there is one thing I learned over break, it's just how incredible my family is and how grateful I am for each of them and their own little quirks. I can't imagine not knowing that I can be with them for eternity. Every Sunday is just an awesome reminder about how much I love this gospel!



I feel bad I haven't really been posting pictures... so here are some from the break with my wonderful family!

My friend Sam did an awesome job for his first time teaching. The lesson was on Lehi's vision which is perhaps one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon. I love going to other classes and watching other people teach. I like gaining new perspectives on how to approach topics, different teaching methods, and just being inspired to be an even better teacher.
I've decided the food at the Cannon is not enough to get me to eat. It's a good thing I have great friends to go with, otherwise I just might live off of cheese and crackers in my room.
Hall meeting: discussion about the off-campus housing fair. yikes.
Naps are wonderful. Especially when both you and your roommate decide to take one at the same time and then wake up at the same time. And that nap lasts two and a half hours. Perhaps one of the greatest parts of Sunday is that nap time. So since my nap lasted so long, I didn't really get to blog yesterday. But it was totally worth it.

Angela and I went over to her brother's for dinner. It was so much fun, and it made me super excited for when I will have my own apartment (is that really only in four months?!). It was a great, relaxing end to a fantastic Sunday. While there I was introduced to William Joseph. Yet another LDS pianist I can aspire to be like.

Visiting an apartment for pretty much my first time ever really made it sink in that I'm growing up. A few friends and I are going apartment hunting on Friday and Saturday. Life is moving incredibly fast. I'm not always sure as to where life is heading, but I'm excited for the adventure.

Life is pretty good now. I can't wait for FHE tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment