Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow-Capped Mountains

I forgot how incredibly beautiful Utah can be in the winter time. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love the mountains. There is something incredibly majestic about these huge pieces of earth sticking out of the flat surface of the valley. I find them to have a protective feeling; I don't feel enclosed in a cage but more like I'm being held in a hug. Mountains are truly evidence to me of the incredible creations of our Heavenly Father and how blessed we are to be on this earth.

I took a trip after spanish today over to the new Heritage Halls and the Bean Museum parking lots to get some pictures of the mountains because they are incredibly gorgeous. And I played around with some of the editing features on my Mac, which was fun.
view of Rock Canyon above the Harold B. Lee Library
view of Y Mountain above the library. again.
from the JKB. there's actually a really pretty mountain back there, the clouds are just covering it. 
the pretty mountain you should have been able to see in the previous picture. but this is a way better view.
the bell tower. it plays a different hymn every hour. love BYU!
Mount Timpanogos. in black and white. pretty gorgeous.
pretty snow covered mountain and me playing with my photo editing tools.

But honestly, the pictures don't do the view any justice.

Now about my day...

I realized that there are actually a lot of guys (particularly guys from my ward) who go eat breakfast between 7:15 and 7:30 am on Tuesday and Thursday. So it's nice to have someone to talk to (and try to wake up) in those early morning hours. So I ate, and then headed up to class with my friend Ben from my ward. I really enjoy government, and I am so glad that I do. Currently, the only thing not motivating me to go to that class is the early hour. Otherwise, I absolutely love it.

I did a lot of spanish homework today. Trying to get ahead still requires those hours, just at a different time than usual.

Met with my geography TA. Apparently I have an atlas assignment due tomorrow. Since I don't have the atlas...this should be interesting.

Picked up letters from the University Accessibility Center. Now comes the fun part of telling my professors "the story." I love people's reactions!

Book of Mormon celebration (kind of...) with Hattie. And Haley. We went and tracked down some Tillamook ice cream (the best cheese and ice cream in the world) at a local grocery store. And then came back and talked while we ate ice cream for the hour before ward prayer.


Haley after ice cream...
mint Pirouette cookies + Tillamook mint chocolate chip ice cream = happy Hattie 
this should be a Tillamook ad. just saying.
that's me. happy college student showing off my school spirit while eating ice cream. yep.
Hey question: anyone know how to get pictures to go side-by-side in blogger? 

Ward prayer with great friends and singing/figuring out songs on the piano and talking and dancing around like crazy people and playing chopsticks and staying up way too late. Enough said. Check out Angela's post here for pictures from tonight.

To end an awesome day:

I just want to say that I am incredibly grateful that I was able to come out to BYU at the beginning of last semester. So many miracles happened last year that made it possible for me to come to school for fall semester, and to still be here for winter. I am just so thankful to be here in this amazing place with such amazing people. 


Go Cougars!

1 comment:

  1. haha I love y'all!
    and those pictures- Lauren, they are beautiful!! what editing & camera do you have again?? (I've probably asked you before). Seriously- that one of Timp... breathtaking!

    About blogger- I have no clue how to get pics side-by-side. If you find out, please share. It's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete