Thursday, January 26, 2012

Days 2, 3, and 4

Ok so I haven't done as great for my goals. And there really isn't a great excuse for that except for the fact that I am getting sick. Don't panic - I'm not seriously sick, just a normal cold. I won't go into specifics of what I haven't done because that's depressing.

Instead, I'll focus on what I have done: I have been doing homework, I have been studying for some upcoming exams, I have researched housing, and I've been going to classes and figuring out the next few months of my life.

So besides a couple extra naps, it's been a fairly productive past few days.

Some highlights:
  • having a nice BYU guy scrape the ice off the windshield of the car before driving up to class
  • taking a friend to the Student Health Center and then to the ER. She just has a nasty case of the flu. She'll be fine, thank goodness!
  • I mailed in paperwork for a textbook reimbursement program. One of the benefits of having cancer.
  • eating for the first time at the Blue Line deli in the Tanner Building. Angela, her friend Will, Austin, and I all met there for dinner after my personal finance class. I do believe that will become my dinner place for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Angela, Will, me, and Austin after the Blue Line.
Will broke his leg a few days ago, hence the scooter.
  • watching Angela make moccasins out of paper bags for her Visual Arts for Elementary Education (or something like that) class. yes, it is as entertaining as it sounds. check her blog for pictures on that.
  • cleaning the room for cleaning checks. I am so thankful to have a clean roommate and to have had parents (Mom) who taught me to be organized and tidy. It definitely makes getting ready for cleaning checks a whole lot easier.
  • ward prayer!! we actually had spotlights tonight, and a friend came to show us all how amazing he is with a whip. (yes, a whip. He's from a ranch in Florida.)
  • finding out who my new team-teacher for Gospel Doctrine will be...
  • talking with friends. eating with friends. driving with friends. lots and lots of time with friends.
And now, because I feel bad this post isn't media-rich with photos or videos, please enjoy this song that is currently my most-played song on iTunes.

Scotty McCreery - The Trouble With Girls

On another note, I was going through some old blog posts to look for some inspiration for my Book of Mormon insight paper. I came across this old post about chemo. I am so thankful to be done with that, even if it is only for a short while. It's nice to review those past events as a reminder that, with the Lord's help, I can get through these exams, classes, choosing housing, and other hard decisions that are fast approaching as I grow up.
Coming soon: 
apartment hunting, apartment contracts signed, grandparents visiting, and more studying.

Looking forward to the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You sound super busy. I've heard rumor that you might be joining us next Sunday, Feb. 5th for Ryan's birthday celebration and dinner. We are happy to have you come. It will be great to see you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete