Monday, January 16, 2012

A Day Off (sort of)

Today I am grateful to Martin Luther King, Jr. Not only because he helped to shape the world that we now live in, but also because I got a day off of classes to celebrate his life. Which sounds kind of selfish... but I was very glad I didn't have to worry about getting to class today after a night of being sick from dehydration. So thank you Dr. King.

But honestly, here's a great quote from him that my friend shared today:

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
Again, thank you Dr. King.

All in all, today was a pretty fantastic holiday. I slept in, got a bunch of homework done, even started getting ahead in my spanish class. I got a nap in, talked to my sisters, went to dinner with friends, did a blog post, responded to some emails, went to FHE, and have been working on this post and various homework items since then.

Yes I really do have that much homework. And I'm not done yet. Probably because I pretty much ignored it all on Saturday as seen in this post. So I guess I made up for my lack of productivity on Saturday by getting so much done today.

Dang it. I just realized I completely forgot to wash my sheets today. The one thing I really wanted to get done today. Oh well... there's always tomorrow. Rudolph anyone?

Anyways...

Family Home Evening was interesting. It really actually was fun, we just didn't have our whole group there, so it didn't exactly go as planned. Lacy and Peter are my new FHE group leaders (hereby referred to as "my parents") and only six of us showed up: me, Annie, Haley, the parents, and Lexi. So hopefully next week a few more people come. I'll miss my old group (especially Newel and Logan who are heading out to the mission field), but I am really excited to get to know these people better over the course of the semester!

By the way, this is the forecast for this week. And I am so excited!!! I really love the cold. The girls in my hall tease me about how excited I get about the mountains, or the fact that I have to wear a coat outside. I honestly am probably the person who would move north (like Alaska north) for the summer. Or at least somewhere a little more mild.. anyways I'm excited for the SNOW to come!


I really love talking to my sisters. And the rest of my family, too, but since Skype failed today I really only talked to Rachel on Facebook and text today. We talk to each other a lot. Probably more than we should. Yesterday I think she sent me 20 texts while I was taking a nap in an attempt to wake me up. Today we talked via Facebook chat. Some snippets of our conversation for your enjoyment:


Words that come to mind:
avoiding studying for finals
distracted
tired (both of us...)
still trying to avoid studying
band geek

She's quirky. But I love her. I guess I'm kind of a dork too... haha. Thanks for always making me smile Rachel :)

Tomorrow is DEVOTIONAL!! And Sister Julie B. Beck is coming to speak!!! I'm super excited! Have I mentioned I love BYU? Because I really really do. Where else do you have opportunities like this?

Life is pretty much fantastic right now! And I'm super proud of myself for posting this before midnight. Just saying. 8 am government... here I come! Sleep well world.

No comments:

Post a Comment