Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday

I really love Sundays, so it kind of stinks when I don't feel that great.

Angela and I woke up a little late, and I think she's starting to get sick too. My new team teacher, Annabel, taught today, and I admit it was kind of nice to have a break from teaching Sunday School. Angela and I got in a nice, long, several-hour nap that both of us needed. A hot shower, and then some lunch at the Cannon with a few ward friends.
Did I mention that I really love our ward?
Sacrament meeting was amazing. We had fast and testimony meeting today since Helaman Halls has stake conference next Sunday. I am so lucky to know these people. I love my Bishop. He is such an incredible man, and I am so thankful for his love and support. My friends have such strong testimonies; each of them is an example to me of how to live a Christ-like life. I know I wasn't the only person touched during that meeting. It's looking forward to experiences like these, and remembering the times I feel the spirit so strongly, that pull me through the rough and stressful weeks.

After a nice nap and talking with my parents on the phone, I drove over to the Edwards' house to celebrate my Uncle Brad's birthday! Not only did I get to have a delicious, home-cooked chicken and broccoli casserole, but I also got to Skype with my family with everyone who was at the Edwards, and it was just a blast to spend some time with my cousins. It was also fun to see my grandparents from Oregon who are in town for the next two weeks. They came by a little later during visiting hours tonight to see my dorm, and later this week they will get to enjoy the Cannon dining experience. Lucky them :)

Another great part about today was my home teachers!! Last semester, my home teachers weren't that great about actually coming by to home teach. With people moving in and out and switching rooms, all of the teaching assignments switched. I am super excited for my friend Andy to be one of my home teachers, and I'm excited to get to know Tyler better over the semester. I'm just grateful for these guys who are wonderful examples to me, who are dedicated to the gospel, and who always honor their Priesthood.

And now, ending the night with a chocolate milk and homework party with Angela.

It's going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment