Sunday, January 15, 2012

An Uneventful Saturday

I love those days when you can sleep in without worrying about an alarm waking you up to the three million things you have to do that day.

Today was one of those days. And it felt wonderful. Having awoken so late in the day, not a whole lot happened. It was nice and relaxing to just spend time with my friends. 

I had a long, hot shower (I am going to enjoy those for as long as I can before I have to start paying for any utilities), took a trip to Target with some girls in my hall, did some homework, went to Great Harvest, and ate at Legends Grille with Hattie, Haley, and Ruby. Ended the night watching one of my favorite movies, "Ever After," with Alyssa, my roommate from EFY two years ago and now my great college friend. 

So I guess I did do a lot. It just doesn't feel like it because I haven't been awake that long.

My random thoughts for the day:

Pineapple does not belong on pizza. Neither do mushrooms. I am willing to pick them off, but I'd really rather not.

Attention boys: being obsessed with sports is not an attractive feature. Let me clarify: it's okay to like sports, it's unattractive to be completely obsessive about them. I do not need to see or hear you screaming at the television for hours. Especially if I'm at dinner and you're cheering at the television behind me. Not attractive at all. I don't mind if you get into the game if we're actually at the game. I just don't need to hear the stats on every player and watch every football, basketball, baseball, whatever game that just happens to be on. There's just part of my rant on sports.

Another thing for you guys: learn to like country music. It isn't always twangy or depressing. There are fantastic songs with inspiring messages. Like this one, this one, and this one.
The video below is probably one of my favorite Rascal Flatts songs. Given my history, you can probably figure out why I'm a sucker for a song like this.


I actually kind of am starting to like Debussy (a classical composer). Thank you Haley for your little recital tonight and for helping me with one of my resolutions.

Angela is such a great roommate. She inspires me to be more studious, more organized, and more friendly with everyone. Plus, our late-night chats are just so much fun.

I am super excited for tomorrow. Not only is it Sunday, but I will find out who is teaching with me for the semester, I'll find out who my new family home evening group members are, and I will have time to write letters, update posts about the new year, and read my Book of Mormon. Plus I am so excited for the incredible talks and lessons that I'll have throughout the day.

Life is pretty great here at the Y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment