Thursday, November 8, 2012

music, dreams, and patriotism

music

I really like listening to music.
I turn up the tunes just about any time of day.
cleaning, studying, doing laundry, procrastinating, writing blog posts

And yes, I did break out the Christmas music. 
please note that I waited a month longer than I did last year.
Christmas music puts me in the best mood ever. 
[I am so excited for the holidays. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.]

I really love singing along to classic Disney songs, country music, EFY albums, and great road trip tunes. Every song has a memory behind it: seminary drives, family road trips, late-night dance parties with sisters or roommates.
That is part of the power of music.

Music is yet another reason to smile.
It puts me in a better mood, helps to bring comfort, and even makes me think.
"Music is what feelings sound like."


and now for something to make you smile:


just keep on dreaming and don't lose hope :)

lastly a short anecdote from today:

I was on my way home from class a little earlier than usual [our professor let us out rather early today] and was enjoying the crisp fall air and sunset colors on the mountains. Then I heard our national anthem playing. At first I thought it was just the marching band practicing and kept walking across campus.

Then I realized every other student was standing still with their hands over their hearts. They were looking towards the administration building where the flag was being lowered [please pardon me as I'm not positive of the proper term to use here]. It was quite a remarkable sight. A rather crowded college campus was completely still as our national anthem was being played and the flag lowered. Most students headed back to their activities once the song finished. But several remained standing as the guard finished taking down the flag. 

After a long election night and seeing so many negative posts about the election, it was a beautiful display of patriotism and faith in our nation. 

remember:
look for the good in each day
don't ever stop smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment