Sunday, November 18, 2012

missionaries

[day fourteen]
missionaries

I have mentioned this before, but I love missionaries.
When President Monson announced the new age requirements for missionaries, I was so excited I nearly started crying. It is one thing to see the Church move forward, but to be a part of it is such a neat experience.
With over thirty of my guy friends from freshman year on missions, I have been on this kick for writing letters to them all. I never knew writing letters could be such a blast! Or such a perfect excuse to procrastinate homework... Each missionary has such incredible experiences wherever they are serving, and I am inspired by their diligence and obedience.

With the changes in age for girls, several of my closest friends have started their papers, submitted their papers, or have received their calls. Tonight I had the amazing opportunity to go to Brooke's apartment after class to watch her open her mission call.
Stover sisters reunited!!!
so it's not the best picture... whatever.
pardon my lack of fashion. boots with a dress doesn't really match, but I was going for comfort on a cold day.
don't judge. the important part is Brooke with her mission call!!!!
Not only did I get to see most of my friends from our dorm hall, but I was able to see Brooke receive her call to serve in Brazil. It's difficult to explain, but the Spirit is so strong at such events; you know that this person will be an incredible missionary, and the place on that call is exactly where they are supposed to be sharing the gospel.

Along with Brooke, ten of my other friends [and one of my cousins!] received their mission calls tonight. They are going to places as close as Montana and Washington state, and as far as the Philippines and Ukraine.

I am so grateful for the missionaries and their examples to me and to those they serve. Good luck Elders and Sisters; you're going to be amazing! Go forth and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment